Brennan

*IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.
*
Re: Nessus IDs and CVEs [ In reply to ]
Brennan J OBrien wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I'm working on a vulnerability assessment project and am using Nessus
> (surprise!). I've checked the list archives and don't really see what I'm
> looking for, so I thought I would ask here. Is anyone aware of a current
> list of Nessus IDs to CVE identifiers, or a relatively easy way to get that
> information directly from my Nessus install?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Brennan

Hi Brennan,

We don't really publish a list like that, although we do provide many other
ways to search and subscribe to new Nessus plugin information.

Many Nessus checks audit for multiple CVE vulnerabilities.

There are many checks that don't have CVE entries in them though.

Why would this list be useful for you?

Ron Gula, CTO
Tenable Network Security