web: tysdomain-com
Visit for quality software and web design.
skype: st8amnd2005

Re: nessus ports? [ In reply to ]
On Nov 8, 2008, at 5:36 PM, Tyler Littlefield wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had an iptables configuration that would let
> nessus go through.
> I accept 1241 for both tcp and udp but it still can't "connect to
> local
> host."
> I wanted to run a scan with iptables up to see how things went.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. Are you having trouble
connecting a Nessus client to a Nessus server? If so, have you
verified that the server is (1) listening on TCP port 1241, (2) on the
loopback interface (127.0.0.1), and (3) your firewall allows
connections to TCP port 1241 on the loopback interface?

George
--
theall@tenablesecurity.com