Mailing List Archive

default profile
Under the old Nessusclient, I could configure the default profile and
any new scopes/tasks created would take these settings. Is this option
not available in the new NessusClient?

And if not, is there a way to configure the default settings for new
profiles?

I understand I can share .nessus files, but since the .nessus file holds
the hosts to be scanned, there is still some editing involved when
scanning a different set of hosts. Plus there doesn't appear to be an
easy way of deleting multiple hosts from the NessusClient window, i.e.
If I have 25 hosts that need to be removed, I have to click each host
and then the "-" button 25 times.

One more question. If I save a generic .nessus file to be used with
each new scan, will this file have an updated list of plugins each time
I scan, assuming I just call the file from the command line each time?

thanks
Re: default profile [ In reply to ]
> there doesn't appear to be an
> easy way of deleting multiple hosts from the NessusClient window, i.e.
> If I have 25 hosts that need to be removed, I have to click each host
> and then the "-" button 25 times.

Here's a quick and dirty autoit script for the Windows version. Command
line parameter is the number of entries to delete. It starts at the top
of the list and alternately clicks hostname and - button.

WinActivate("Nessus :")
WinWaitActive("Nessus :")
$size = WinGetPos("Nessus :")
for $i = 1 to $CmdLine[1]
; Click first hostname
MouseClick("left", $size[0]+100, $size[1]+214, 1, 0)
; Click delete (- button)
MouseClick("left", $size[0]+63, $size[1]+$size[3]-122, 1, 0)
Next