Mailing List Archive

Nessus vulnerability User account enumeration
Folks,

I have the below vulnerabilities shown by nessus for the same host.

\nSynopsis :\n\nIt is possible to list users who have never changed their password\nusing the supplied credentials. \n\nDescription :\n\nUsing the supplied credentials, it was possible to extract the list of\ndomain users who have never changed their passwords. \n\nIt is recommended to allow/force users to change their passwords for\nsecurity reasons. \n\nRisk factor :\n\nMedium / CVSS Base Score : 4 \n(AV:R/AC:L/Au:NR/C:P/A:N/I:N/B:C)\n\nPlugin output :\n\nThe following users have never changed their passwords :\nTsInternetUser\n\n

\nSynopsis :\n\nIt is possible to retrieve users who never logged in using the supplied\ncredentials.\n\nDescription :\n\nUsing the supplied credentials it was possible to extract the list of\ndomain users who never logged into the remote host.\nIt is recommended to delete useless accounts.\n\nRisk factor :\n\nMedium / CVSS Base Score : 4 \n(AV:R/AC:L/Au:NR/C:P/A:N/I:N/B:C)\n\nPlugin output :\n\nThe following users never logged in :\nTsInternetUser\n\n

\nSynopsis :\n\nIt is possible to retrieve users whose password never expires using \nthe supplied credentials.\n\nDescription :\n\nUsing the supplied credentials it was possible to extract the list of\ndomain users whose password never expires.\nIt is recommended to allow/force users to change their password for\nsecurity reasons.\n\nRisk factor :\n\nMedium / CVSS Base Score : 4 \n(AV:R/AC:L/Au:NR/C:P/A:N/I:N/B:C)\n\nPlugin output :\n\nThe following users have password which never expires :\nadministrator\nTsInternetUser\n\n

\nSynopsis :\n\nIt is possible to retrieve users who never logged in using the supplied\ncredentials.\n\nDescription :\n\nUsing the supplied credentials it was possible to extract the list of\nlocal users who never logged into the remote host.\nIt is recommended to delete useless accounts.\n\nRisk factor :\n\nMedium / CVSS Base Score : 4 \n(AV:R/AC:L/Au:NR/C:P/A:N/I:N/B:C)\n\nPlugin output :\n\nThe following users never logged in :\nGuest\nTsInternetUser\nIUSR_DF635X21\nIWAM_DF635X21\n\nOther references : OSVDB:754\n

\nSynopsis :\n\nIt is possible to retrieve users whose password never expires using \nthe supplied credentials.\n\nDescription :\n\nUsing the supplied credentials it was possible to extract the list of\nlocal users whose password never expires.\nIt is recommended to allow/force users to change their password for\nsecurity reasons.\n\nRisk factor :\n\nMedium / CVSS Base Score : 4 \n(AV:R/AC:L/Au:NR/C:P/A:N/I:N/B:C)\n\nPlugin output :\n\nThe following users have password which never expires :\nadministrator\nGuest\nTsInternetUser\nIUSR_DF635X21\nIWAM_DF635X21\nbackupagent\nAnalyst\n\nOther references : OSVDB:755\n

Would anyone agree/disagree that a solution to all of these vulnerabilities would be to modify the AD domain policy:
Network access: Do not allow anonymous enumeration of SAM accounts

Please let me know your thoughts.