Mailing List Archive

existing zlib library not detected
Hello Nessus users,

I am trying to run nessus on a fedora 9 system. I have the latest
versions of zlib and libcrypto installed, yet when I try to install with
RPM it says it can't find libcrypto.so.7, libssl.so.7, and libz.so.1,
all of which exist, can be found by ld, and are being used by other
software.

I forced the install with -nodeps, however when I run nessusd it fails
on libz.so.1 . I've added sym links, I've added an LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I've
tried compiling zlib from source but nothing works.

Where does nessusd look for its libraries, and any ideas on a fix?

Regards,

Greg

This e-mail contains confidential information which is intended only for the use of the named addresses/s. If you as recipient are not a named addressee, then you must not in any manner whatever disseminate or copy any part of this e-mail, or use or disclose any of its contents. Please would you notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete the message from your system.
Re: existing zlib library not detected [ In reply to ]
Hi Greg,

You probably did not download the Fedora 9 package, but a RPM for an
other version of Fedora (or another Linux distribution altogether).

You need to install the official Fedora 9 package for a seamless
installation.

Thanks,

-- Renaud

On Oct 10, 2008, at 5:09 PM, <GDolph-c@xstrata.com> <GDolph-c@xstrata.com

RE: existing zlib library not detected [ In reply to ]
Actually, I got this to work by following this:

http://hacktux.com/fedora/9/flash

It may not look applicable, but the section on installing ndiswrapper
fixes the issue.

Regards,

Greg