a very inconvenient time. I cannot find an option to schedule a scan.
Is this possible? If so, would someone please share how to do this?
Thanks.
Re: Scheduling a Nessus Scan [ In reply to ]
Steve Sanders wrote:
> We are using Nessus 3 on a Windows XP device with the Nessus client
> version 3.2.1. Our IT department only allows us to scan certain
> devices in a predetermined maintenance window, which happens to be at
> a very inconvenient time. I cannot find an option to schedule a scan.
> Is this possible? If so, would someone please share how to do this?

The Nessus Client does not have the ability to schedule a scan.

Ron Gula
Tenable Network Security

Re: Scheduling a Nessus Scan [ In reply to ]
> The Nessus Client does not have the ability to schedule a scan.

I haven't tried this, but you might be able to use AutoIt or another Windows
scripting tool to push the buttons in the Nessus client. Then schedule
running the script with the at command, scheduled tasks, wincron,...
Re: Scheduling a Nessus Scan [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the responses Yarick, Ron, and Bob. I will check out
Autolt or another Windows scripting tool and see if I can make it
work.