Mailing List Archive

block wireless when connected to wired
Hello

I search a solution for NAC with Nessus to block or disable wireless
interface when connected to wired .

If somebody know how to make a scan to this in nessus.

Thanks a lot
Re: block wireless when connected to wired [ In reply to ]
Serge Azoulay wrote:
> Hello
>
> I search a solution for NAC with Nessus to block or disable wireless
> interface when connected to wired .
>
> If somebody know how to make a scan to this in nessus.
>
> Thanks a lot

Hi Serge,

Nessus won't disable the Wireless NIC for you or make any changes
to your system.

If you want to detect Wireless NICs with Nessus we've blogged in
the past about several checks which require Nessus 3 (most commercial
NACs use Nessus 2).

However, for configuring your NAC and Nessus, you should call your
NAC vendor, not the Nessus mailing list.

If you are looking for a NAC product which uses Nessus, I don't
have any to recommend.

Ron Gula
Tenable Network Security