Mailing List Archive

Scanning Xerox WorkCentre devices
I've got some Xerox WorkCentre printers that I know are vulnerable.
They're default installs with no restrictions in place and running a
version of the software with known risks.

but try as I might, I can't get Nessus to identify them. It finds all
the open ports (including the HTTP server), but it fails to run any of
the Xerox checks. It enver even clearly identifies it as a WorkCentre.

Re: Scanning Xerox WorkCentre devices [ In reply to ]
On Sep 11, 2008, at 4:41 PM, Mercer, Jeff C - Raleigh, NC wrote:

> I've got some Xerox WorkCentre printers that I know are vulnerable.
> They're default installs with no restrictions in place and running a
> version of the software with known risks.
>
> but try as I might, I can't get Nessus to identify them. It finds all
> the open ports (including the HTTP server), but it fails to run any of
> the Xerox checks. It enver even clearly identifies it as a WorkCentre.

Since you say Nessus is finding the option ports, I assume you've
configured your scan to allow scanning printers. Which models are
these? Would you be able to send me privately a copy of the KB
generated after trying to scan one of the printers? A full pcap of the
scan would be helpful too.

George
--
theall@tenablesecurity.com