Mark

The John Lewis Clearance - save up to 50% with FREE delivery
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719806/direct/01/
Re: nmap.nasl [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 14 August 2008 16:51:55 Mark Woan wrote:

> However, this still didn't work. I am using version 3.2.1.1 of the Nessus
> Windows.

This script does not work on Nessus for Windows.
Re: nmap.nasl [ In reply to ]
1. make sure the plugin has a unique ID as per custom pllugin nessus
documentation
2. you have run the rebuilt plugins routine, i think its "nessus.exe -R" or
"nessus-plug-in-update -r" or simply update your plugins and let the gui do
it for ya

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Mark Woan <markwoan@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a requirement to import nmap scan results into Nessus. I initially
> thought I would have to write my own plugin but it appears that an
> "nmap.nasl" plugin exists. I have downloaded the plugin from here:
>

> *http://www.nessus.org/documentation/nmap.nasl*<http://www.nessus.org/documentation/nmap.nasl>
>

> I then copied the plugin to my plugin directory (I am running under Windows
> XP) e.g "C:\Program Files\Tenable\Nessus\Plugins\Scripts", then I stopped
> and restarted the "Tenable Nessus" service. When I logged into Nessus
> Client, the plugin did not appear to have loaded. I wasn't sure whether this
> was to do with a untrusted script, since it is not in the main feed anymore,
> therefore I have added a new string registry key at the following path:
>

> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tenable\Nessus]
> "nasl_no_signature_check"="yes"
>

> However, this still didn't work. I am using version 3.2.1.1 of the Nessus
> Windows.
>

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

--Yarick Tsagoyko

Advisory Notice: Email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act and is legally privileged, but inherently insecure. Content may be
subject to alteration: email addresses may incorrectly identify the sender.
This email transmission, and any documents, files, or previous email
messages attached to it may be privileged and confidential, and are intended
only for the use of the recipient(s) named in the address field. If the
reader of this message is not an intended recipient, or the employee or
agent responsible to deliver it to the recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or its
contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify me by telephone or return email and delete it and any
attachments from your computer. Thank you.