view it?

(2) The old software (1.0.x), when a scan was complete and
you closed the software, you didn't lose the scan results.
It was nice to have it available. Is this functionality now
gone in the 3.x version? I have apparently lost scan
results because when I reload the client software, there is
nothing to look at.

Todd

Re: NessusClient 3.x questions [ In reply to ]
Todd Adamson wrote:
> I have two questions about the Nessus Client software:
> (1) There is a check box to "Save knowledge base on disk",
> the manual only says "tells the scanner to save the scan
> information.."; What is the location? Any special way to
> view it?

Hi Todd,

Unless you are looking at the contents of the KB, a common
reason we ask people to be able to save it is for diagnostics.
It allows us to diagnose what Nessus found that may have caused
a false positive, or perhaps lets us understand why a plugin
didn't detect something.

If you are on UNIX, you can see an example of working with
the KB with the 'nasl' command line client in this Tenable blog
entry at the end:

http://blog.tenablesecurity.com/2007/06/using-the-nasl-.html

> (2) The old software (1.0.x), when a scan was complete and
> you closed the software, you didn't lose the scan results.
> It was nice to have it available. Is this functionality now
> gone in the 3.x version? I have apparently lost scan
> results because when I reload the client software, there is
> nothing to look at.

Before you close your Nessus scanner, if you save your session,
you will be able to reload any targets, scan policies and
results that you currently have in your Nessus Client.

Ron Gula
Tenable Network Security