---> Dirk Jagdmann ^ doj / cubic
----> http://cubic.org/~doj
-----> http://llg.cubic.org
Re: nasl include path [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:25:51 +0200
Dirk Jagdmann <doj@cubic.org> wrote:

> Hello Developers,
>
> I'm currently starting to write some nasl code. I wondered if there
> is a standard include path which is used by the nasl or nessusd
> executable, or if I just have to keep all files in one directory?

Everything is in one directory. The current working directory if you
are working with the standalone NASL interpretor, or the plugin
directory for nessusd: $prefix/lib/nessus/plugins

Re: nasl include path [ In reply to ]
>> I'm currently starting to write some nasl code. I wondered if there
>> is a standard include path which is used by the nasl or nessusd
>> executable, or if I just have to keep all files in one directory?
>
> Everything is in one directory. The current working directory if you
> are working with the standalone NASL interpretor, or the plugin
> directory for nessusd: $prefix/lib/nessus/plugins

I already had a look into the sources of nasl 2.2.10 and found the
To-Be-Done comment. So did it myself. Now the question arises if anybody
is still maintaining the nessus 2 versions and if a new release is
likely to be ever made. Or if I should start my own fork...

--
---> Dirk Jagdmann ^ doj / cubic
----> http://cubic.org/~doj
Re: nasl include path [ In reply to ]

don't. There is already a fork: www.openvas.org.

--
Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück
Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HR B 18998 http://www.intevation.de/
Re: nasl include path [ In reply to ]
On Jul 26, 2007, at 12:09 PM, Dirk Jagdmann wrote:

>>> I'm currently starting to write some nasl code. I wondered if there
>>> is a standard include path which is used by the nasl or nessusd
>>> executable, or if I just have to keep all files in one directory?
>>
>> Everything is in one directory. The current working directory if you
>> are working with the standalone NASL interpretor, or the plugin
>> directory for nessusd: $prefix/lib/nessus/plugins
>
> I already had a look into the sources of nasl 2.2.10 and found the
> To-Be-Done comment. So did it myself. Now the question arises if
> anybody
> is still maintaining the nessus 2 versions and if a new release is
> likely to be ever made.

Nessus 2 is still being maintained. We released 2.2.10 recently, and
there will be a 2.2.11, 2.2.12, etc... eventually.

-- Renaud