Mailing List Archive

is plugin 11935 ipsec ike detection outputting from the wrong array
Concerning nessus plugin 11935 IPSEC IKE detection

http://www.nessus.org/plugins/index.php?view=viewsrc&id=11935

Is this a mistake or do I misunderstand what the plugin output should
be?

Near the very bottom of the source code is this

if (live)
{
#live2 = get_udp_element(udp:live, element:"data");
for (j=0; sig[j]; j++)
{
if (sig[j] >< live)
{
desc["english"] += '\n\nPlugin output :\n\n' + 'Vendor : ' + sig[j];
security_warning(port:port, data:desc["english"], protocol:"udp");
register_service(port: port, proto: "ike", ipproto: "udp");
exit(0);
}
}

But shouldn't it say something like this?
desc["english"] += '\n\nPlugin output :\n\n' + 'Vendor : ' + vendor[j];

I am not sure how outputting the sig would be helpful, but I am still
learning the finer points of nessus and nasl.

Thank you
Jim
Re: is plugin 11935 ipsec ike detection outputting from the wrong array [ In reply to ]
On Jul 20, 2007, at 9:46 PM, James W. Beers wrote:

> Concerning nessus plugin 11935 IPSEC IKE detection
>
> http://www.nessus.org/plugins/index.php?view=viewsrc&id=11935
>
> Is this a mistake or do I misunderstand what the plugin output should
> be?
>
> Near the very bottom of the source code is this

Hi James,

Thank you -- this will be fixed shortly !

-- Renaud