How is the way to obtain a script_id for the plugin ?

Thank yu for attention

Andrea Governatori

Re: script_id [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Andrea Governatori wrote:

> TODAY'S TOPICS
>
> How is the way to obtain a script_id for the plugin ?

For private use any number above 90000 should be fine, otherwise you can submit
your plugin for inclusion in the GPL feed and the folks at Tenable will
assign an id to your plugin.

--
- Josh
Re: script_id [ In reply to ]
plugins-writers-bounces@list.nessus.org wrote on 02/06/2006 01:28:16 PM:

> On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Andrea Governatori wrote:
>

> > TODAY'S TOPICS
> >
> > How is the way to obtain a script_id for the plugin ?
>
> For private use any number above 90000 should be fine, otherwise youcan
submit
> your plugin for inclusion in the GPL feed and the folks at Tenable will
> assign an id to your plugin.
>
> --
> - Josh

Actually, for reasons of compatibility with other products, it's best to
keep the script_id below 2^16. I use a range starting at 63000 for my
custom plugins.

Tenable has a KnowledgeBase article that says: "Please advise customers to
use plugin ID range of 60,000 to 62,000 for custom plugin ID's."

Jerry Heidtke
Re: script_id [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Jerry Heidtke wrote:

> Actually, for reasons of compatibility with other products, it's best to
> keep the script_id below 2^16. I use a range starting at 63000 for my
> custom plugins.
>
> Tenable has a KnowledgeBase article that says: "Please advise customers to
> use plugin ID range of 60,000 to 62,000 for custom plugin ID's."

Could be. I remember the above 90000 range from the Nessus Attack
Scripting Language Reference Guide that Renaud wrote. That however may be out of date.

--
- Josh
Re: script_id [ In reply to ]
HObbES <hobbes@maple.vaxer.net> wrote on 02/06/2006 02:07:07 PM:

> This one time, Josh Zlatin-Amishav wrote:
> > On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Jerry Heidtke wrote:
> > >Actually, for reasons of compatibility with other products, it's best
> > >keep the script_id below 2^16. I use a range starting at 63000 for my
> > >custom plugins.
> > >
> > >Tenable has a KnowledgeBase article that says: "Please advise
customers to
> > >use plugin ID range of 60,000 to 62,000 for custom plugin ID's."
>
> Where is this article? Link please.

I believe you need to be a paying customer of Tenable to have access to
this KnowledgeBase, either
by having purchased a product such as Lightning or having a paid plugin
subscription.

> > Could be. I remember the above 90000 range from the Nessus Attack
> > Scripting Language Reference Guide that Renaud wrote. That however may
be
> > out of date.
>
> I just remember it being high, but nothing specific.
>
> -Anne
> --
> It is proverbial that from (\`--/') _ _______ .-r-.
> a hungry tiger and an >.~.\ `` ` `,`,`. ,'_'~`.
> affectionate woman there is (v_," ; `,-\ ; : ; \/,-~) \
> no escape. -Ernest Bramah `--'_..),-/ ' ' '_.>-' )`.`.__.')
> hobbes at vaxer dot net ((,((,__..'~~~~~~((,__..' `-..-'fL

Jerry Heidtke
Re: script_id [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, HObbES wrote:

>> Could be. I remember the above 90000 range from the Nessus Attack
>> Scripting Language Reference Guide that Renaud wrote. That however may be
>> out of date.
>
> I just remember it being high, but nothing specific.

Section 5.2.1 of the Nessus Attack Scripting Language Reference Guide states:

script_id(<id>) which sets the script id. A script id is a unique number
referencing the script. If you plan to distribute your nasl script, then
the nessus.org folks will attribute one for you. If you plan to keep
your set of scripts private (booo!), then you can use any ID number
between 90000 and 99000.

Maybe someone from Tenable can set us straight as to the perferred
number range for assigning private script_id

--
- Josh
Re: script_id [ In reply to ]
This one time, Jerry Heidtke wrote:
> HObbES <hobbes@maple.vaxer.net> wrote on 02/06/2006 02:07:07 PM:
> > Where is this article? Link please.
> I believe you need to be a paying customer of Tenable to have access to
> this KnowledgeBase, either
> by having purchased a product such as Lightning or having a paid plugin
> subscription.

Makes it rather difficult for the rest of us to get this information for
writing plugins then.

-Anne
Re: script_id [ In reply to ]
On Feb 6, 2006, at 16:04, HObbES wrote:

> This one time, Jerry Heidtke wrote:
>> HObbES <hobbes@maple.vaxer.net> wrote on 02/06/2006 02:07:07 PM:
>>> Where is this article? Link please.
>> I believe you need to be a paying customer of Tenable to have
>> access to
>> this KnowledgeBase, either
>> by having purchased a product such as Lightning or having a paid
>> plugin
>> subscription.
>
> Makes it rather difficult for the rest of us to get this
> information for
> writing plugins then.

The support KB is about support, not plugin writing. This particular
KB entry is the only one remotely close to plugin writing.

-- Renaud