(the script is on www.nessus.org/scripts.php or obtainable via
nessus-update-plugins)

-- Renaud
Re: openssl_overflow.nasl vs. openssl_overflow_generic_test.nasl [ In reply to ]

> Before I do that, I'd appreciate to get some feedback concerning
> openssl_overflow_generic_test.nasl. Since the protocol is not really
> negociated, I fear that there is some case were we might miss a
> vulnerability.

do you want to do a safe_checks() banner vs real test?

--
Michael Scheidell, CEO
SECNAP Network Security, LLC
Re: openssl_overflow.nasl vs. openssl_overflow_generic_test.nasl [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 11:45:28AM -0400, Michael Scheidell wrote:

> > Before I do that, I'd appreciate to get some feedback concerning
> > openssl_overflow_generic_test.nasl. Since the protocol is not really
> > negociated, I fear that there is some case were we might miss a
> > vulnerability.
>
> do you want to do a safe_checks() banner vs real test?

The check is not aggressive (it only overwrites one byte on the tested
host, a variable on the stack), so no. OpenSSL being different from
Apache, it makes no real sense to read the banner.

-- Renaud