Mailing List Archive

bsd lpd overflow (work in progress - not working)
Attached is a plugin that should test for the lpd overflow described
in a recent ISS advisory, and for which the OpenBSD patch 014 has been
released.

I've not had much time to investigate the issue, and I've to work
blindly as I currently do not have access to any lpd-enabled BSD box
(I'll be back home soon though :)

Basically, according to the patch, the overflow just seems to be a
matter of sending an oversized job name, and then asking the printer
to print its queue (although I may completely be wrong - once again I've
had little time to dedicate to that issue).

Attached is a plugin skeleton. It's likely to not work. If you happen to
have time on your hands, try it and fix it ;)