Thanks a lot in advance
Nithin
p.s- Your quick response in highly solicited

RE: Assistance reqd. URGENT !!! [ In reply to ]
do we get partial college credit for doing this work?
Re: Assistance reqd. URGENT !!! [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Nithin V wrote:

> I am a student doing my project for a company as a part of my study
> cirriculam. My work involves customizing Nessus to the company
> requirements. Anyone please assist me in this regard .

Unlikely as you will see below.

> Here are my following queries.
> 1) I am trying to change the Nessus Logo in the Credits section to
> other logo, but i am unable to find that original image. I found the
> pictures in xpm sub-folder , modified them ,and recomiled, but was
> unable to see my modified logo in the Credits tab.

In essence you want to STEAL the credits to nessus and put in other
details.

> 2) Has GTK been used to design the front-end of Nessus ? If yes, how
> can i modify the GUI of nessus using GTK. If NO, which s/w was used to
> create the GUI and how to use that, so that i can just drag and drop
> widgets, and need not bother about making modifications in the code.

It seems you are an experienced programmer. You work it out. After all if
you can click a bit on widgets you can master the world and take over any
PC you like.

Hugo.

PS: The answer is intentionaly rather harsh as the first question shows a
complete disregard of the nessus developers and changing credits is not
the way to make one very popular with the people doing the hard work.

Don't meddle in the affairs of magicians,
for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Re: Assistance reqd. URGENT !!! [ In reply to ]
On Fri Mar 18 2005 at 19:30, Nithin V wrote:

> 1) I am trying to change the Nessus Logo in the Credits section to
> other logo

Do not forget to tell everybody that it is a brand new software. If
somebody complains, just say that the code was so crappy that you
rewrote everything in a couple of days.

> If NO, which s/w was used to create the GUI

As far as I know, vi.
I agree with you, that's silly. Real men use Emacs.

> Also please give me your valuable comments / suggestions

I suggest that you get a life and/or find another job.

> p.s- Your quick response in highly solicited

Oh no. You do not want _my_ quick response.
Re: Assistance reqd. URGENT !!! [ In reply to ]
You don't happen to be working for a company in Hawaii are you?

Re: Assistance reqd. URGENT !!! [ In reply to ]
I'd hate to break it to you but any half decent security expert with
the proper tools can identify a vanilla nessus scan from a mile away.
Therefore the moment your company scans any other entity which has a
clue about information security, AND your company markets the nessus
scanner as THEIR technology and invention (something that seems to be
pretty common ethical hiccup nowadays), the client will be displeased,
to say the least, by the value added by your company.

Which company did you say you were working for?

Nick