Mailing List Archive

PHP XML-1.3 Import Script
Here is my PHP script that I have been using to import the xml (version
1.3 only) output from the gtk nessus client. I also realized that some
plugins output "Low/Medium" as a Risk Factor so I updated my db schema
appropriately. This script (because it is part of something bigger)
uses adodb (http://php.weblogs.com/ADODB#downloads) for the db
abstraction.

http://websec.sourceforge.net/nessus-xml-import.tar.gz

1. Make sure you have PHP compiled with expat/xml support.
2. Import the schema into your mysql database.
3. Set the 3 or 4 mysql variables and the path to adodb in config.php.
4. Run the script from the command line (not your browser).

The xml from the nessus client (around line 75) breaks the xml parser
due to some weird characters. Just delete that line and try again.
There should only be one bad line.

Comments are encouraged.

Regards,

Rohan