I have tried the NessusWX client and I am told that a valid x.509
certificate is not installed. I ran the "nessus-mkcert" script and it
installed successfully.

The error message popping up on the console of my NessusD host is:

[root@dbalinux nessus-core]# SSL_accept[19798]: error:1408F10B:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

Please help, thanks!

Marty Bostick
Re: Having Trouble getting any client to connect using SSL [ In reply to ]
Marty.Bostick@protective.com writes:

> In the 1.1.6 build of Nessus, what is needed in order to connect
> using SSL?

The Unix client I am afraid. The Windows clients have not been
modified yet, as far as I know.
So if you want to use them, configure Nessus with --disable-cipher

Another possibility is to use stunnel to "SSLify your client".
Cf. http://www.stunnel.org/

> [root@dbalinux nessus-core]# SSL_accept[19798]: error:1408F10B:SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

It probably means that the client is not speaking SSL.