Mailing List Archive

nessus-mkrand [Re: PRNG call error by nessus-mkcert]
"Gaetan J. BLENET" <gblenet@ort.fr> writes:

> And in terminal where I launched "nessusd -D", I can see the error
> message when I close nessus client :

I added a quick and dirty hack to generate a "random" seed file.
If you extract a fresh CVS version, get a look at
nessus-core/ssl/nessus-mkrand.c
It reads characters from the keyboard, and mix them with results from
gettimeofday. This tool tries to estimate the resulting entropy (but
the measure is really crude)

You'll have to compile it yourself (not yet handled in the Makefile)
with:
cc -o nessus-mkrand nessus-mkrand.c -lm

You should run something like:
stty cbreak; nessus-mkrand $HOME/.rnd 512; stty -cbreak

OpenSSL is supposed to handle the $HOME/.rnd automatically. If it does
not, try to set RANDFILE to its path.