Mailing List Archive

Nessus 1.1.11 [experimental] is out
I released Nessus 1.1.11. This release mostly fixes some bugs found in
other versions, and introduces a new file format to replace .nsr reports
(which basically looks like .nsr, but contains more information), as
well as a new XML export format.

The client should also be noticeably faster when dealing with big
reports.

Here's the official change log :

- Fixed a bug regarding the saving of reports from the GUI
- Improved the backend in many ways (speed-wise, content-wise)
- Changes in the protocol

- More messages are sent between the server and the client (timestamps,

plugins version, ...)
- New .nbe file format, which looks like .nsr but has more information

in it
- Plugins now have versions numbers.
- The user can upload his plugins to the nessusd server from the client

- It is now possible to upload files to the server (ie: nmap's results)

in
command-line mode
- Fixed false positives in SNMP plugins when launched against a

non-configured
Solaris snmpd
- New XML output (the XML layout was defined by Lionel Cons [lionel.cons

at cern.ch])

It was tested on the following environments :

- RedHat 6.2, 7.1
- NetBSD 1.5.1
- Solaris 8

- OpenBSD 2.9

Nessus 1.1.11 is available at
ftp://ftp.nessus.org/pub/nessus/unstable/nessus-1.1.11/

Note that this released is labelled *experimental*, although I really
recommand it.

-- Renaud