Mailing List Archive

Nessus 2.2.5 released
Hi,

I'm happy to announce the availability of Nessus 2.2.5 :

Nessus 2.2.5 is a maintenance release. It fixes several minor bugs
and contains some speed improvements.
While upgrading from is not required, we strongly advise you to do so.

Here is a quick change summary :

(Slight) Speed improvements :

- Faster scan startup speed (at the expense of a slightly bigger
memory usage).
- Faster scans in general

Depending on the speed of your hard drive and the OS you're
running on, you may
experience up to 15% speed improvement.

Bug fixes :

- Fixed the use of an uninitialized buffer in the shared socket code
- Fixed some uninitialized variables in nessus_tcp_scanner
- Fixed several null pointer dereferencements in libnasl
- Several other minor bugs have been fixed (see bugs.nessus.org for
details)

Misc :

- New NASL function 'send_capture()'
- nessusd rotates nessusd.messages on startup if the file is too big
- Enhanced nessus_tcp_scanner
- nessus-fetch now calls nessus-update-plugins upon registration

If you already have a copy of Nessus installed, please note that the
Nessus installer makes clean upgrades - no need to uninstall the
older version prior to upgrading, and no need to re-register on
Nessus.org to get a new activation code for the plugin feed.

Nessus 2.2.5 can be download from http://www.nessus.org/download/

Have a good week-end,

-- Renaud