Mailing List Archive

Nessus 2.0.4 released (with RedHat 9 support)
Nessus 2.0.4 has been released. Its main feature is that it compiles under
RedHat 9, but it also fixes some minor issues I met when I conducted a huge
scan across a lot of hosts (about 400,000 actually) :

- fixed the SIGCHLD handler which would not work properly and leave zombies

on the system after each connection to nessusd ;

- fixed a race condition when testing a great number of hosts which would

cause a testing process to slow down a whole audit or even hang it
totally ;

- When a great number of host names is passed to nessusd as a target, they

are resolved by chunks of 64 instead of trying to resolve everything then
starting the test ;

- RedHat 9 support (in spite of their attempt to make their distro incompatible

with everyone else) ;

- nessus can save the reports to stdout and read them from stdin (thanks to