Mailing List Archive

Re: Routing Tutorial - Just Wondering
On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Kim Hubbard wrote:

> Is there anything you'd like the InterNIC to speak on? If so, let

Maybe speak on the future of IPs... Let ISPs know why they NEED to
SWIP.

> > If there were to be a two day routing/peering tutorial for sysadmins here
> > in D.C. With say, a twelve router MAE model, a frame relay simulator,
> > presentations by a couple of smaller "big" guys (i.e. not MCI, Sprint, or
> > UUnet, etc...), how many would be interested? Oh yeah, free (lunch included).

Sounds cool. I would like to go, even us from the old west. Why not do
it with Nanog...

Christian Nielsen
Vyzynz International Inc. cnielsen@vii.com,CN46,KB7HAP
Phone 801-568-0999 Fax 801-568-0953
Private Email - Christian@Nielsen.Net BOFH - cnielsen@one.dot PS :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Re: Routing Tutorial - Just Wondering [ In reply to ]
> Is there anything you'd like the InterNIC to speak on? If so, let

Maybe speak on the future of IPs... Let ISPs know why they NEED to
SWIP.

> > If there were to be a two day routing/peering tutorial for sysadmins here
> > in D.C. With say, a twelve router MAE model, a frame relay simulator,
> > presentations by a couple of smaller "big" guys (i.e. not MCI, Sprint, or
> > UUnet, etc...), how many would be interested? Oh yeah, free (lunch included).

I would also be interested in attending.. Please let me know details

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Re: Routing Tutorial - Just Wondering [ In reply to ]

> On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, Kim Hubbard wrote:
>
> > Is there anything you'd like the InterNIC to speak on? If so, let
>
> Maybe speak on the future of IPs... Let ISPs know why they NEED to
> SWIP.
>
> > > If there were to be a two day routing/peering tutorial for sysadmins here
> > > in D.C. With say, a twelve router MAE model, a frame relay simulator,
> > > presentations by a couple of smaller "big" guys (i.e. not MCI, Sprint, or
> > > UUnet, etc...), how many would be interested? Oh yeah, free (lunch included).
>
> Sounds cool. I would like to go, even us from the old west. Why not do
> it with Nanog...
>
> Christian Nielsen

I went to NANOG meeting in Wash. DC a couple of weeks ago .
It didn't specifically address these issues , but there
was a presentation with following in-depth :) class on
peering with RS at MAEs/NAPs.Also lots of interesting stuff
were delivered by Merit ppl ( such as BGP peering stats etc).
The whole thing in general was very useful.

Rashid