Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 21:14:12 -0500 (EST)
>From: mike <mn@tremere.ios.com>
Subject: Re: ISP list
To: Ehud Gavron <GAVRON@ACES.COM>
cc: Bharat Ranjan <bharatr@microsoft.com>, nanog@merit.edu, GAVRON@ACES.COM

Well, how about then a CIE (certified ISP Engineer) ?

anybody volunteer for CIE #1?

Mike
Re: Certified ISP Engineer program announcement [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 19 Feb 1996, Dave O'Leary wrote:

> If you send me $2500 and proof that you know what you are doing, and
> you have at least 5 years experience as an ISP, then I'll send you
> a nice certificate that says you are a certified ISP.
>
> Its cheaper than taking all those CNE classes!

Well if you don't want to send all that money to Dave, I will do it for
$2000. You only need 30 days of experience, and it will be signed
and everything. :-)

Nathan Stratton CEO, NetRail, Inc. Your Gateway to the World!
Phone (703)524-4800 NetRail, Inc.
Fax (703)534-5033 2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email sales@netrail.net Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW http://www.netrail.net/ Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself"
Matthew 6:34
Re: Certified ISP Engineer program announcement [ In reply to ]
>If you send me $2500 and proof that you know what you are doing, and
>you have at least 5 years experience as an ISP, then I'll send you
>a nice certificate that says you are a certified ISP.

Business Plan: To be an ISP. Our company will sell Internet
accounts for less than $15/month. We will have
lots of reliable equipment like 486 PCs and
Pentium PCs. We also will have "WEB".

Experience: Taco Wrapper, Taco Bell (Jan-Feb 1996)
Pizza Dish Washer, Pizza Hutt (July-Dec 1995)
Radar Detector Salesman, GEICO Insurance (Jan-Jun 1995)
Molested Little Girls, Attica (1984-1995)
Out with Good Behavior Certificat

Hobbies: Eating Doritos without turning orange
Lawyering (9 years of study! Effected own early release)
Once sat near a computer network and it looked cool.

Jim "Killer" Hidalgo, Attica Prison
Leona "Stay at my hotel" Helmsley, ...

>Its cheaper than taking all those CNE classes!

> dave

>Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 21:14:12 -0500 (EST)
>>From: mike <mn@tremere.ios.com>
>Subject: Re: ISP list
>To: Ehud Gavron <GAVRON@ACES.COM>
>cc: Bharat Ranjan <bharatr@microsoft.com>, nanog@merit.edu, GAVRON@ACES.COM

>Well, how about then a CIE (certified ISP Engineer) ?

>anybody volunteer for CIE #1?

At the Indy 500, rookies have an (R) after their name.
In networking, rookies have a (CNE) after their name.

>Mike

Ehud
Re: Certified ISP Engineer program announcement [ In reply to ]

Dave (doleary@cisco.com) sez:
>If you send me $2500 and proof that you know what you are doing, and
>you have at least 5 years experience as an ISP, then I'll send you
>a nice certificate that says you are a certified ISP.

What's wrong with the current method?:

1) Purchase 1 or more routers (your choice of mfgr., model, config)
2) Establish peering at one or more NAPs/MAEs with more than 10 peers
including at least two backbone providers
3) If at the end of six months you
a) still have the same set of initial peers
and
b) have received one or more requests for peering which you
have accepted

4) Then you are a CIE. :-)

Cheers,
Paul

Paul "Corwin" Frommeyer
Work Internet Engineer, CCIE Play
ISP Systems Engineer (non-certified ;-) Network Sorcerer At Large
Cisco Systems, Inc. Paul's Fone Company
pfrommey@cisco.com corwin@palas.com
*** Speaking solely for myself unless otherwise noted ***