Mailing List Archive

Re: Have we started to chop up the B-space into /24's.
At 04:56 PM 1/30/96 MET, Peter Lothberg wrote:

>Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 17:50:09 +0000
>From: William griffin <wgriffin@mci.net>
>To: insc@sprintlink.net
>Cc: trouble@mci.net, pp000314@interamp.com
>Subject: route not being advertised
>
>We have a customer with the following address: 164.103.3.0/24 and it seems
>that you are not accepting our advertising of it. Could you please adv.
>
>--
>The darkness illuminates the light.
>
>William Griffin
>Network Engineer
>wgriffin@mci.net
>(800)977-4662

Hmm.

According to WHOIS, 164.103/16 appears to belong to:

% whois 164.103
Telecommunications Department of Information Systems (NET-IPAPER)
International Paper
Southwind Computer Center
3232 Players Club Parkway
Memphis, TN 38125

Netname: IPAPER
Netnumber: 164.103.0.0

Coordinator:
Harrison, Donald R. (DRH37) PP000314@INTERRAMP.COM
(901) 748-5459 (FAX) (901) 748-5401

Record last updated on 08-Feb-93.

The InterNIC Registration Services Host contains ONLY Internet Information
(Networks, ASN's, Domains, and POC's).
Please use the whois server at nic.ddn.mil for MILNET Information.

- paul
Re: Have we started to chop up the B-space into /24's. [ In reply to ]
Hmm:

Well since the Net 39 experiment proved that it is ok to chop
larger class-full address block into smaller class-less address
blocks, why not.

--jon.