Mailing List Archive

on a lighter note...
Re: on a lighter note... [ In reply to ]
At 11:49 AM 1/27/96 -0800, Hans-Werner Braun wrote:
>Regarding the NANOG meeting. ... so don't leave home without your PCMCIA card.
>Though I will only install the access points if people ask for it.
>Y'know, people who don't always want to depend on cables.
>
>By the way, I would also be interested hearing from people having
>experience with other wireless products.

I find that 10BaseT works pretty well for my portable needs.

Can you pre-assign us some IP addresses?

--Kent
Re: on a lighter note... [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 29 Jan 1996 12:18:33 -0800 "Kent W. England" wrote:
> I find that 10BaseT works pretty well for my portable needs.
> Can you pre-assign us some IP addresses?

For two RIPE-meetings now, I provided a DHCP-server for
the terminal room. This allows people to get experience
with DHCP, which is one way to do easy renumbering when needed.

I'd like to suggest that future NANOG meetings might also want to
do this, making DHCP a 'must have' (just like PCMCIA ethernet cards
some time ago), getting some experience with DHCP and hopefully
the ability to phase out static IP assignment completely, for
terminal rooms at least.

We'll have to start somewhere, and this is as good as any place, right?

Geert Jan