Rarely have I more wanted to say "perhaps we'll see him again later".

Cheerss,
-- jra
Re: RIP Dave Mills [ In reply to ]
The one protocol that keeps us on our toes.

Godspeed, Dr. Dave.

On Sat, Jan 27, 2024 at 7:10?PM Jay Ashworth <jra@baylink.com> wrote:

> The inventor of NTP, in the late 1970s, and recipient of the 2013 IEEE
> Internet Award “for significant leadership and sustained contributions in
> the research, development, standardization, and deployment of quality time
> synchronization capabilities for the Internet”, Dr. David Lennox Mills died
> in Delaware on January 17, at 85.
>
> Rarely have I more wanted to say "perhaps we'll see him again later".
>
> Cheerss,
> -- jra

Joe Hamelin, W7COM, Tulalip, WA, 360-474-7474
Re: RIP Dave Mills [ In reply to ]
Word got out a week ago with a message from Vint cerf to the internet-history
list.

The thread Vint started is here:
https://elists.isoc.org/pipermail/internet-history/2024-January/009265.html

Vint is collecting anecdotes here:
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XU6Fn5rFeJLO4mIBSa9e8V8BIDwafI0Lvlmi4gQwcm
E/edit>
Many good stories... So much more than NTP.

--
These are my opinions. I hate spam.