you.

Thanks,
Christopher Hawker
Re: Mail to Microsoft being falsely marked as spam/bulk [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jan 20, 2024 at 10:07:39PM +1100,
Christopher Hawker <chris@thesysadmin.au> wrote
a message of 132 lines which said:

> If there is anyone from Microsoft around that can look into mail issues,
> could you please reach out to me off-list? Or if anyone has any
> ideas/suggestions as to how to resolve this, I'd be thankful to hear from
> you.

In my experience with self-hosting, reporting it to Microsoft with
<https://olcsupport.office.com/> works sometimes. (Patience and calm
required.)
Re: Mail to Microsoft being falsely marked as spam/bulk [ In reply to ]
I tried this, got a scripted response:

"Unfortunately, after reviewing the information you provided and in
compliance with our mail policies, we are unable to offer immediate resolve
for your deliverability issue."

Will give them credit though for the timing in their response, received it
a few hours later after submission.

Regards,
Christopher Hawker

Re: Mail to Microsoft being falsely marked as spam/bulk [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> "Unfortunately, after reviewing the information you provided and in
> compliance with our mail policies, we are unable to offer immediate
> resolve for your deliverability issue."
>
> Will give them credit though for the timing in their response, received
> it a few hours later after submission.

I had the same issue in which they were unable (or unwillig) to resolve
it, and wouldn't have "the liberty to discuss the source of the block".
Creating a new ticket some weeks later and they solved it without
discussion.

Regards
Bjoern
Re: Mail to Microsoft being falsely marked as spam/bulk [ In reply to ]
https://www.mailop.org/

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

I'm having an issue with Microsoft email filtering, where it is flagging messages from a private mail server as spam, with an SCL of 9 and a BCL of 7, resulting in it being sent to the Junk folder.

We are not seeing this issue with Google's mail environment (being filtered to junk), confirmed that SPF, DMARC and DKIM are all correct and valid and that the domain and IP addresses are not on any block lists.

Re: Mail to Microsoft being falsely marked as spam/bulk [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 12:18:21PM +0100,
Bjoern Franke via NANOG <nanog@nanog.org> wrote
a message of 25 lines which said:

> I had the same issue in which they were unable (or unwillig) to resolve it,
> and wouldn't have "the liberty to discuss the source of the block". Creating
> a new ticket some weeks later and they solved it without discussion.

Yes. Or just sending new stuff in the old ticket. (Apparently, you get
a different guy each time, keep trying until you find one who is
willing to act.)
Re: Mail to Microsoft being falsely marked as spam/bulk [ In reply to ]

> Yes. Or just sending new stuff in the old ticket. (Apparently, you get
> a different guy each time, keep trying until you find one who is
> willing to act.)

That didn't help either.
First, they asked for a proof that I did not use the IP before. After
sending that proof, they told me that the issue (mails junked) was
caused by forwarding spam and that I should confirm to Outlooks
Technical Standards. After confirming this, they told me that they can't
do anything, they have no liberty to discuss the source of the block and
that I should take care of complying to Hotmails Technicals Standards.

I've asked them why they even asked for the proof for the usage of the
IP if they can't do anything and got no reply.

Regards
Bjoern
RE: Mail to Microsoft being falsely marked as spam/bulk [ In reply to ]
For me, it did. To be fair I did have two tickets open through two different channels. One of the tickets came back with advice that they had reset the score on the domain and IP address as I advised them that it was a private mail server, in use by one person (myself) with 2-3 mailboxes in use on the Axigen Mail Server software.

It's all about who you get on the day at the time you open the ticket and who replies.

Regards,
Christopher Hawker