Mailing List Archive

IPv6? Re: Where to Use 240/4 Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block
Hi, Ryan:

1)   " ...  Save yourself the time and effort on this and implement
IPv6.    ":

    What is your selling point?

Regards,

Abe (2024-01-12 06:44)

Re: IPv6? Re: Where to Use 240/4 Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block [ In reply to ]
Abraham,

It has existed for many years, already supported on many devices, does not require NAT, address space is plentiful, does not require additional proposals, and it accounts for 40% of the traffic at Google.

Ryan

[https://s-install.avcdn.net/ipm/preview/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif]<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> Virus-free.www.avast.com<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
Re: IPv6? Re: Where to Use 240/4 Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block [ In reply to ]
Frankly, I care less. No matter how you use whatever IPv4 space you attempt to cajole into whatever new form of degraded service, the simple fact remains. IPv4 is a degraded technology that only continues to get worse over time. NAT was bad. CGNAT is even worse (and tragically does nothing to eliminate consumer NAT, just layers more disaster on top of the existing mess).
The only currently available end to end peer to peer technology, for better or worse, is IPv6. Despite its naysayers, it is a proven technology that has been shouldering a significant fraction of internet traffic for many years now and that fraction continues to grow.
You simply can’t make IPv4 adequate and more hackers to extend its life merely expands the amount of pain and suffering we must endure before it is finally retired.
Owen