Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Stealthy Overlay Network Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block [ In reply to ]
Hi, Chris:

0)    Thanks for your observation.

1)    Although I specifically requested Karim to go offline on our idea
to his inquiry, lots of comments appeared on NANOG publicly. To be
polite, I tried to respond by clarifying and describing each.
Unfortunately, many comments are actually persistent IPv6 promotions,
even my attempt of bringing up the community consensus of "Dual-Stack
has distinguished IPv6 and IPv4 into separate tracks" was in vain.

2)    Philosophically, IPv6 and IPv4 are kind of like two religions,
each with its own believers. As long as the devotees of each focus on
their respective passion, the world will be peaceful. As soon as one
camp imposes its preference onto the other, friction starts. Unchecked,
it can go even worse. ... But, I digressed.

Regards,

Abe (2024-01-21 12:06)

Re: Stealthy Overlay Network Re: 202401100645.AYC Re: IPv4 address block [ In reply to ]
Abraham,

What you are presenting here is a solution looking for a problem. There are multiple solutions available today that do not require your proposed hacks to IPv4 space. If your ideas keep getting rejected by the masses, maybe you should read the room and lookup the phrase "resistance is futile."

That is the last of my .02c for this thread.

Ryan