We are trying to reduce latency to a region in Google Cloud which we are in the same city of. Latency is currently about 22ms rt for the traffic to go 9 miles.

I am having the hardest time finding any comprehensive list of what exchanges, transit, etc their IP addresses are being announced over.

Specifically trying to get closer to addresses in these prefixes:

34.162.192.0/18
34.162.64.0/18

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Drew
Re: Any comprehensive listing of where Google's IPs originate from? [ In reply to ]
PeeringDB? Or BGP.tools

Re: Any comprehensive listing of where Google's IPs originate from? [ In reply to ]
Re: Any comprehensive listing of where Google's IPs originate from? [ In reply to ]
On 04/12/2023 16:09, Drew Weaver wrote:

Although not an answer to your specific question, when I need to reduce
latency to a Google cloud region I use:
https://gcping.com/

Regards,
Hank

Re: Any comprehensive listing of where Google's IPs originate from? [ In reply to ]
https://www.peeringdb.com/asn/15169

https://bgp.he.net/AS15169

Your providers,’ peers,’ or other upstreams’ looking glass services.

Re: Any comprehensive listing of where Google's IPs originate from? [ In reply to ]
note an entirely helpful answer, but google does publish:
https://www.gstatic.com/ipranges/cloud.json - where isp live in
'google cloud' (mostly where they live)
https://www.gstatic.com/ipranges/goog.json - prefixes announced

maybe 'where' was not 'location' but 'origination by as15169 and it's
client networks' though?

Re: Any comprehensive listing of where Google's IPs originate from? [ In reply to ]
From my observations, all us-east-5 IPs are announced via transit and
peering at all of my locations Chicago and east.

Re: Any comprehensive listing of where Google's IPs originate from? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Dec 5, 2023 at 11:06?AM Tom Beecher <beecher@beecher.cc> wrote:

> From my observations, all us-east-5 IPs are announced via transit and peering at all of my locations Chicago and east.

i would expect that google announces the /16 at least from 'everywhere', yes.

> On Mon, Dec 4, 2023 at 9:11?AM Drew Weaver <drew.weaver@thenap.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>

>> We are trying to reduce latency to a region in Google Cloud which we are in the same city of. Latency is currently about 22ms rt for the traffic to go 9 miles.
>>

>> I am having the hardest time finding any comprehensive list of what exchanges, transit, etc their IP addresses are being announced over.

100% chance the best option is peeringdb ....(I'm betting closest to
drew is chicago-land-ix-ville)

Re: Any comprehensive listing of where Google's IPs originate from? [ In reply to ]

> i would expect that google announces the /16 at least from 'everywhere',
> yes.

I see the specific /18s Drew asked about initially. Didn't check for the
covering /16.

Re: Any comprehensive listing of where Google's IPs originate from? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Dec 5, 2023 at 5:09?PM Tom Beecher <beecher@beecher.cc> wrote:

>> i would expect that google announces the /16 at least from 'everywhere', yes.
>

> I see the specific /18s Drew asked about initially. Didn't check for the covering /16.

sure, good enough :) (I have not looked at our config in a bit to be sure)