Mailing List Archive

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Arelion/Telia AS1299 issues?
About as ugly as a graph as ive seen! Reverse path for this site is cogent, mtr and forward ISP failing me a bit not returning the transition hop IP I need to verify, but im assuming its Arelion. This site is in the southeast also.

[cid:image001.png@01DA0667.5563C150]

From: NANOG <nanog-bounces+brent.neader=druryhotels.com@nanog.org> On Behalf Of Steve Feldman
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2023 10:37 AM
To: Elmar K. Bins <elmi@4ever.de>
Cc: NANOG <nanog@nanog.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Arelion/Telia AS1299 issues?

$dayjob has transit from 1299 in Miami. We’ve been seeing packet loss nearby in their network since around 06:?00 UTC, still ongoing. Steve > On Oct 24, 2023, at 8:?20 AM, Elmar K. Bins <elmi@?4ever.?de> wrote: > > We also observed
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an Untrusted Sender
You have not previously corresponded with this sender.
Report Suspicious <https://us-phishalarm-ewt.proofpoint.com/EWT/v1/MQS9YPUatEJj!i4ZDkHftmwe3H0JvedmHHhW_2t4DY3hWkyfYuBLeQ3bHEB3ja6kIgXJzwWCVRZuBlVEkFmZSEzdnPRSuKhsqw8XY6Ke8Hg551lyf7iTALgB-nw$> ?
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

$dayjob has transit from 1299 in Miami. We’ve been seeing packet loss nearby in their network since around 06:00 UTC, still ongoing.

Steve

> On Oct 24, 2023, at 8:20 AM, Elmar K. Bins <elmi@4ever.de<mailto:elmi@4ever.de>> wrote:

> We also observed this today, UTC morning, esp. across the pond, and our

> alternative paths from Europe to the US were suffering from the still unfixed

> fibre cut, so I was a bit unhappy with 200 extra ms, and 60% loss.

> 1299 seems to've found an alternative path in the meantime, looks good to us.

> Elmar.

> nanog@nanog.org<mailto:nanog@nanog.org> (Andrian Visnevschi via NANOG) wrote:

>> We had the same issue with Arelion this morning, a huge increase in the

>> latency and jitter was happening across the US and of course for any

>> traffic sourced from the EU flowing to the US.

>> Within the US we noticed a latency spike from 20-50ms to ~200ms. From the

>> EU to our US facilities, we noticed a spike from ~130ms to ~400ms.

>> We ended up shifting traffic from Arelion to a different carrier, and will

>> stay there until we are confident that they fixed any issue that they had

>> in their network. To be honest, we've been experiencing quite similar

>> issues with unstable latency on Arelion over the past couple of months, and

>> it's becoming quite frustrating

>> *Andrian Visnevschi*

>> VP of Network & Security

>> +373 68374133

>> andrian@acreto.io<mailto:andrian@acreto.io> | https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://acreto.io__;!!MQS9YPUatEJj!iZ7j3VWHoxkh3S3Y9nSVzutat2MUlem16ycD6ZkjZEKDIfzdtZuY1hZ8YlspD9zJ_9Go4lCTes737Rtqe1SEPX-_sA$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/acreto.io__;!!MQS9YPUatEJj!iZ7j3VWHoxkh3S3Y9nSVzutat2MUlem16ycD6ZkjZEKDIfzdtZuY1hZ8YlspD9zJ_9Go4lCTes737Rtqe1SEPX-_sA$>

>> On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 6:03?PM David Hubbard <dhubbard@dino.hostasaurus.com<mailto:dhubbard@dino.hostasaurus.com>>

>> wrote:

>>> Hey all, anyone aware of issues with Arelion this morning? We have a

>>> bunch of end users on at least Cox and Cogeco who are having serious issues

>>> with service access, and the problem appears to be on the return path where

>>> it traverses Arelion. Source net is Lumen/L3 3356 but loss/latency doesn’t

>>> appear to creep up until already within Arelion’s network.

>>> Imperva mentioned outage/degradation due to a national ISP issue too, so I

>>> suspect it’s affecting more than just certain peerings.

>>> Thanks,

>>> David

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Arelion/Telia AS1299 issues? [ In reply to ]
It’s definitely been an annoying day. Cogent’s “don’t advertise to telia” BGP community doesn’t work, so we can’t route around this either. Then again, my bad for using the “Wal-mart” of the internet.

Eric
Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Arelion/Telia AS1299 issues? [ In reply to ]
Cogent doesn’t have any peer specific action communities.

Brendan