Mailing List Archive

Arelion/Telia AS1299 issues?
Hey all, anyone aware of issues with Arelion this morning? We have a bunch of end users on at least Cox and Cogeco who are having serious issues with service access, and the problem appears to be on the return path where it traverses Arelion. Source net is Lumen/L3 3356 but loss/latency doesn?t appear to creep up until already within Arelion?s network.

Imperva mentioned outage/degradation due to a national ISP issue too, so I suspect it?s affecting more than just certain peerings.

Thanks,

David
Re: Arelion/Telia AS1299 issues? [ In reply to ]
We had the same issue with Arelion this morning, a huge increase in the
latency and jitter was happening across the US and of course for any
traffic sourced from the EU flowing to the US.
Within the US we noticed a latency spike from 20-50ms to ~200ms. From the
EU to our US facilities, we noticed a spike from ~130ms to ~400ms.

We ended up shifting traffic from Arelion to a different carrier, and will
stay there until we are confident that they fixed any issue that they had
in their network. To be honest, we've been experiencing quite similar
issues with unstable latency on Arelion over the past couple of months, and
it's becoming quite frustrating

*Andrian Visnevschi*

VP of Network & Security

+373 68374133

andrian@acreto.io | https://acreto.io

Re: Arelion/Telia AS1299 issues? [ In reply to ]
We also observed this today, UTC morning, esp. across the pond, and our
alternative paths from Europe to the US were suffering from the still unfixed
fibre cut, so I was a bit unhappy with 200 extra ms, and 60% loss.

1299 seems to've found an alternative path in the meantime, looks good to us.

Elmar.

Re: Arelion/Telia AS1299 issues? [ In reply to ]
I'm experiencing this in the southeast US region.

Unfortunately, return traffic from a data center that we have a VPN
connection to. Is routed first over Level 3 who is then handing it off to
Arelion in Miami where we then see the 200 to 300 millisecond latency and
50% plus packet loss.

Re: Arelion/Telia AS1299 issues? [ In reply to ]
$dayjob has transit from 1299 in Miami. We’ve been seeing packet loss nearby in their network since around 06:00 UTC, still ongoing.
Steve

Re: Arelion/Telia AS1299 issues? [ In reply to ]
I've got a small single-homed site in Central Europe with an Arelion
transit circuit and it had some brief connectivity issues around 0830-0900
Central US time. Cleared up relatively quickly.
Also have connectivity with Arelion in NYC at 60 Hudson, but have not
experienced any issues related to that transit circuit which is part of a
significantly larger multi-homed network.

- mdh

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 10:37?AM Steve Feldman <feldman@twincreeks.net>
wrote:

> $dayjob has transit from 1299 in Miami. We’ve been seeing packet loss
> nearby in their network since around 06:00 UTC, still ongoing.
> Steve

Matt Harris
VP OF INFRASTRUCTURE
Follow us on LinkedIn!