Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: RPKI unknown for superprefixes of existing ROA ? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 05:28:31PM -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:
> Yes, but we weren’t talking about an IXP here.
> We’re talking about an ISP.

Sure, perhaps you were

I intended to submit an example where a resource holder constructively
uses a ROA designating AS 0 as purported originator, actually helps the
overall ecosystem.

> Believe it or not, Job, there are parts of the internet that exchange
> traffic and move packets that are not IXPs.

¯\_(?)_/¯
Re: RPKI unknown for superprefixes of existing ROA ? [ In reply to ]
> Believe it or not, Job, there are parts of the internet that exchange
> traffic and move packets that are not IXPs.

in fact, measurements had shown that the majority of inter-domain
traffic is over pnis

randy
Re: RPKI unknown for superprefixes of existing ROA ? [ In reply to ]
In fairness, however, there is a natural tendency for many of those PNIs to be built in locations
in common with IXPs and often they start as IXP connections and with growth of traffic end up
migrating to PNIs for further expansion.

Owen

> On Oct 24, 2023, at 18:15, Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> wrote:
>
>> Believe it or not, Job, there are parts of the internet that exchange
>> traffic and move packets that are not IXPs.
>
> in fact, measurements had shown that the majority of inter-domain
> traffic is over pnis
>
> randy

1 2  View All