Mailing List Archive

new net neutrality/title ii mailing list
Since network neutrality and title ii regulation is back in the news,
and the issues
so fraught with technical and political mis-conceptions, I have
started a new mailing list to discuss it, and try (for once) to feed
back valid techical feedback into the FCC´s normal processes. I kind
of expect some EU-derived regulatory ideas to emerge, in particular.

The FCC chair has put out the following statement, and is circulating
a proposed NPRM to be released Oct 19th.

https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-397257A1.pdf

There is another FCC effort on a cybersecurity label due october 6th,
which amazingly, a FCC commissioner had reached out to hackernews on,
and got back loads of wonderful feedback.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=37392676

--
Oct 30: https://netdevconf.info/0x17/news/the-maestro-and-the-music-bof.html
Dave Täht CSO, LibreQos