Mailing List Archive

Mail List Functions [WAS: Re: maximum ipv4 bgp prefix length of /24 ?]
Answers inline….

~ Valerie

> On Sep 29, 2023, at 13:51, Matthew Petach <mpetach@netflight.com> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Sep 29, 2023 at 10:42?AM Valerie Wittkop <vwittkop@nanog.org <mailto:vwittkop@nanog.org>> wrote:
>> There is one person that reviews the moderation queue of the NANOG list. My morning was rather hectic, and I didn’t get to the queue until just before 12:30 EDT today.
>>
>> Apologies to all for the delay in the messages of this thread. Please note I try to check the queue a few times throughout the day, and one last time again before I shut down for the night.
>

> Ah, no worries, Valerie--I know how challenging it can be handling a task like that.
> Thank you for all your hard work on it!
>
> I'm just curious how Owen was able to see and respond to the messages in the thread before they were sent out to the rest of the list. ^_^;
Sometimes the person responding does a reply all - so it will go directly back to the one person, and also the list, but the message to the list may be in moderation. I would suspect that is one way Owen would see and respond. (Note, my reply all here goes directly to you and cc’s the list.)

> Perhaps he's got some super-sekret backdoor access? Or is this a case where interacting with Discourse gives one a leg up on the rest of the list?
> (I notice I can see messages showing up in the Discourse mirror well before they make it to my inbox).
I will have to look into the Discourse mirror, because it shouldn’t hit there before it clears the queue in mailman. Also, I’m 95% certain you can’t respond to the list from Discourse - it is a one way mirror. But that is probably now something on my list to confirm and make sure I’ve got the logistics figured out.

> Thank you again for the quick reply, and all the great work you do for the community, Valerie--you totally ROCK! :)
Thanks, Matt!