________________________________
Od: NANOG <nanog-bounces+drixter=e-utp.net@nanog.org> w imieniu u?ytkownika VOLKAN SAL?H <volkan.salih.06@gmail.com>
Wys?ane: czwartek, 28 wrze?nia 2023 23:25
Do: nanog@nanog.org <nanog@nanog.org>
Temat: maximum ipv4 bgp prefix length of /24 ?

hello,

I believe, ISPs should also allow ipv4 prefixes with length between /25-/27 instead of limiting maximum length to /24..

I also believe that RIRs and LIRs should allocate /27s which has 32 IPv4 address. considering IPv4 world is now mostly NAT'ed, 32 IPv4s are sufficient for most of the small and medium sized organizations and also home office workers like youtubers, and professional gamers and webmasters!

It is because BGP research and experiment networks can not get /24 due to high IPv4 prices, but they have to get an IPv4 prefix to learn BGP in IPv4 world.

What do you think about this?

What could be done here?

Is it unacceptable; considering most big networks that do full-table-routing also use multi-core routers with lots of RAM? those would probably handle /27s and while small networks mostly use default routing, it should be reasonable to allow /25-/27?

Thanks for reading, regards..