Please feel free to follow up with any questions or concerns.

References and further reading:

[1] RFC 8976: “Message Digest for DNS Zones”, https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc8976
[2] Root Server Operators Statement on adding ZONEMD to the root zone, https://root-servers.org/media/news/2022-08-Statement_on_ZONEMD.pdf
[3] RZERC003: “Adding Zone Data Protections to the Root Zone”, https://www.icann.org/uploads/ckeditor/rzerc-003-en.pdf
[4] Verisign Blog: “Adding ZONEMD Protections to the Root Zone”, https://blog.verisign.com/security/root-zone-zonemd/
[5] APNIC Ping Podcast episode “Adding ZONEMD protections to the root zone”, https://blubrry.com/ping_podcast/108940688/adding-zonemd-protections-to-the-root-zone/

DW
Re: Root zone operational announcement: introducing ZONEMD for the root zone [ In reply to ]
Verisign and ICANN were originally planning to enable ZONEMD for
the root zone tomorrow, September 13th. During a deployment to the
operational testing environment, we discovered a minor issue. As
a result, we, in cooperation with ICANN, have decided to postpone
the production deployment of ZONEMD until next week, on September
21st.

DW