If you have any questions, concerns, issues, or comments, please send an email to qlc19@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn

Best,
Lancheng
Re: Soliciting suggestions and experiences from the community for RPKI-invalid filtering deployment [ In reply to ]
> some ASes may perform RPKI-invalid filtering only at partial
> interfaces (e.g., provider interfaces, customer interfaces, and peer
> interfaces).

i have heard it said that "my customer pays me to propagate their
announcement, so i do not apply rov. let my peers filter it."

randy
Re: Re: Soliciting suggestions and experiences from the community for RPKI-invalid filtering deployment [ In reply to ]
Thank you. I've heard similar feedback from several other network operators. It seems that this is one of the main reasons why some networks do not apply rov at customer interfaces.

Best,
Lancheng

> -----????-----
&gt; ???: "Randy Bush" <randy@psg.com>
&gt; ????: 2023-05-23 21:45:13 (???)
&gt; ???: "Lancheng Qin" <qlc19@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>
&gt; ??: NANOG <nanog@nanog.org>
&gt; ??: Re: Soliciting suggestions and experiences from the community for RPKI-invalid filtering deployment
&gt;
&gt; &gt; some ASes may perform RPKI-invalid filtering only at partial
&gt; &gt; interfaces (e.g., provider interfaces, customer interfaces, and peer
&gt; &gt; interfaces).
&gt;
&gt; i have heard it said that "my customer pays me to propagate their
&gt; announcement, so i do not apply rov. let my peers filter it."
&gt;
&gt; randy
</nanog@nanog.org></qlc19@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn></randy@psg.com>
Re: Soliciting suggestions and experiences from the community for RPKI-invalid filtering deployment [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Although we strictly guarantee the anonymity of participants in this survey and do not disclose their specific information, we also allow participants to withdraw their answers.

If you have filled out this questionnaire and do not want your answers to be disclosed, please send an email to qlc19@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn. If not, please ignore this email.

Best,
Lancheng

-----????-----
???:"Lancheng Qin" <qlc19@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>
????:2023-05-23 14:40:14 (???)
???: NANOG <nanog@nanog.org>
??:
??: Soliciting suggestions and experiences from the community for RPKI-invalid filtering deployment

Hello, we have done a worldwide measurement to identify which ASes have propagated RPKI-invalid prefixes. We find an interesting phenomenon that some ASes may perform RPKI-invalid filtering only at partial interfaces (e.g., provider interfaces, customer interfaces, and peer interfaces). Although there are other studies [1, 2] noting the same phenomenon, little is known about why some network operators perform different filtering policies at different interfaces.

We are trying to figure out the reasons and summarize the optimal deployment policy for RPKI-invalid filtering. To this end, we create an anonymous questionnaire and hope you can help fill out it.

Questionnaire link:
https://qfreeaccountssjc1.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/previewId/70bbaf01-b4a6-4f7d-aac4-33cff5b135a3/SV_dj62hVBXcEy5ryC?Q_CHL=preview&Q_SurveyVersionID=current

Reference:
[1] Help Validate ROV Adoption Measurements from RoVista. https://labs.ripe.net/author/tijay-chung/help-validate-rov-adoption-measurements-from-rovista/