Mailing List Archive

1 2 3  View All
Re: PlayStationNetwork blocking of CGNAT public addresses [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 14:31:12 +0200, Alexander Maassen said:
> Maybe its time then for a global accepted, unified way to send/report abuse?

YOu mean ike these RFCs? (OK, so it's an XML schema. Just be glad
it isn't ASN.1 :)

5070 The Incident Object Description Exchange Format. R. Danyliw, J.
Meijer, Y. Demchenko. December 2007. (Format: TXT=171529 bytes)
(Updated by RFC6685) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD) (DOI:
10.17487/RFC5070)

6684 Guidelines and Template for Defining Extensions to the Incident
Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF). B. Trammell. July 2012.
(Format: TXT=23550 bytes) (Status: INFORMATIONAL) (DOI:
10.17487/RFC6684)

6685 Expert Review for Incident Object Description Exchange Format
(IODEF) Extensions in IANA XML Registry. B. Trammell. July 2012.
(Format: TXT=4363 bytes) (Updates RFC5070) (Status: PROPOSED
STANDARD) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC6685)

7203 An Incident Object Description Exchange Format (IODEF) Extension for
Structured Cybersecurity Information. T. Takahashi, K. Landfield, Y.
Kadobayashi. April 2014. (Format: TXT=57694 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED
STANDARD) (DOI: 10.17487/RFC7203)

7495 Enumeration Reference Format for the Incident Object Description
Exchange Format (IODEF). A. Montville, D. Black. March 2015.
(Format: TXT=19891 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD) (DOI:
10.17487/RFC7495)
Re: PlayStationNetwork blocking of CGNAT public addresses [ In reply to ]
Well yes – if you have the automation, that is great.

Of course the format of whatever log they send you matters too.

I’ve had abuse complaints in a past life where the abuse report was a screenshot from a checkpoint firewall with “Dear team, for your attention” in bright red in a large font.

Personally I don’t trash abuse reports that are valid.

--srs