I’ve never had a problem with x86 - hunt - hunt - it’s all about secure boot.
So how do I force arm64 to boot without secure boot

James
Re: Firmware not loading [ In reply to ]

Please put the complete ansible ourput at pastebin.com
or your favorite paste place as long as it isn't pasword
protected.

Bill
Firmware not loading [ In reply to ]
Signed by jam@tigger.ws. Show Details
On Thursday, March 21, 2024 2:30:59 AM AWST Bill Meek wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 March 2024 08:31:03 AM (-05:00), James Linder wrote:
> > I???m trying to use a rockpi5 (arm64) as my backend

> > Plug in the Armbian m2. All works (but build with ansible fails, (maybe
> > os_release hacking))
> Please put the complete ansible ourput at pastebin.com
> or your favorite paste place as long as it isn't pasword
> protected.

jam@rock-5b:~$ cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 23.8.1 jammy"
NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION_ID="22.04"
VERSION="22.04.3 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)"
VERSION_CODENAME=jammy
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.armbian.com"
SUPPORT_URL="https://forum.armbian.com"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://www.armbian.com/bugs"
PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.armbian.com"
UBUNTU_CODENAME=jammy
ARMBIAN_PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 23.8.1 jammy"

jam@rock-5b:~/PROJECTS/ansible$ ./mythtv.yml --limit=localhost
BECOME password:
TASK [mythtv-deb : final package list]
ok: [localhost] => {
"msg": "git,g++,make,build-essential,nasm,automake,libtool,ccache,pkg-
config,cmake,patch,ninja-build,gperf,meson,uuid-dev,libfreetype6-
dev,libmp3lame-dev,libxv-dev,libxxf86vm-dev,libxinerama-dev,libxrandr-
dev,libxml2-dev,libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev,libexiv2-dev,libasound2-
dev,libegl1-mesa-dev,liblzo2-dev,libhdhomerun-dev,libsamplerate0-
dev,libxnvctrl-dev,libzip-dev,libsoundtouch-dev,libva-dev,libdrm-dev,libvdpau-
dev,libass-dev,libxvidcore-dev,libx264-dev,libvpx-dev,libbluray-
bdj,libavc1394-dev,libiec61883-dev,libpulse-dev,libfftw3-dev,libssl-
dev,libsystemd-dev,libgnutls28-dev,libdbi-perl,libdbd-mysql-perl,libnet-upnp-
perl,libwww-perl,libio-socket-inet6-perl,libdate-manip-perl,libxml-simple-
perl,libxml-xpath-perl,libimage-size-perl,libdatetime-format-iso8601-
perl,libsoap-lite-perl,libjson-perl,libfindbin-libs-perl,perl-
modules,libvorbis-dev,libflac-dev,libflac++-dev,libtag1-dev,libcdio-dev,libcdio-
paranoia-dev,libtool-bin,libcec-dev,libbluray-dev,libx265-dev,libmysqlclient-
dev,python3-future,python3-requests,python3-requests-cache,python3-
mysqldb,python3-lxml,python3-oauthlib,python3-pycurl,python3-
simplejson,python3-setuptools,libminizip-dev"

}

TASK [mythtv-deb : install packages]
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"cache_update_time": 1711008575,
"cache_updated": false, "changed": false, "msg": "'/usr/bin/apt-get -y -o
\"Dpkg::Options::=--force-confdef\" -o
\"Dpkg::Options::=--force-confold\"
install 'g++' 'make' 'build-essential' 'nasm' 'automake' 'libtool' 'ccache'
[...]
'libfindbin-libs-perl' 'libvorbis-dev' 'libflac-dev' 'libflac++-dev'
'libtag1-
dev' 'libcdio-dev' 'libcdio-paranoia-dev' 'libtool-bin' 'libcec-dev'
'libbluray-dev' 'libx265-dev' 'libmysqlclient-dev' 'python3-future'
'python3-
requests' 'python3-requests-cache' 'python3-mysqldb' 'python3-lxml'
'python3-
oauthlib' 'python3-pycurl' 'python3-simplejson' 'python3-setuptools'
'libminizip-dev'' failed: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held
broken
packages.\n", "rc": 100, "stderr": "E: Unable to correct problems, you have
held broken packages.\n", "stderr_lines": ["E: Unable to correct
problems, you
have held broken packages."], "stdout": "Reading package lists...\nBuilding
dependency tree...\nReading state information...\nSome packages could
not be
installed. This may mean that you have\nrequested an impossible
situation or
if you are using the unstable\ndistribution that some required packages
have
not yet been created\nor been moved out of Incoming.\nThe following
information may help to resolve the situation:\n\nThe following packages
have
unmet dependencies:\n libcec-dev : Depends: libcec6 (= 6.0.2-1ubuntu2) but
6.0.2-2 is to be installed\n", "stdout_lines": [."Reading package lists...",
"Building dependency tree...", "Reading state information...", "Some
packages
could not be installed. This may mean that you have", "requested an
impossible
situation or if you are using the unstable", "distribution that some
required
packages have not yet been created", "or been moved out of Incoming.", "The
following information may help to resolve the situation:", "", "The
following
packages have unmet dependencies:", " libcec-dev : Depends: libcec6 (=
6.0.2-1ubuntu2) but 6.0.2-2 is to be installed"]}

PLAY RECAP
localhost : ok=13 changed=0 unreachable=0
failed=1
skipped=8 rescued=0 ignored=0

The rockpi is like an 8core rapi, and is distictly usable.
The prebuilt mythtv (apt) stuff works well, so this is interesting but not
end-of-world

Using ubuntu all build but I could not get the haupage firm ware.
I read the problem is secure boot and I resd that is done in the initrd.

James
End of signed message

Re: Firmware not loading [ In reply to ]

Re: Firmware not loading [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 21 March 2024 04:39:29 PM (-05:00), jam@tigger.ws wrote:

> > Please put the complete ansible ourput at pastebin.com
> > or your favorite paste place as long as it isn't pasword
> > protected.
> > Bill I'm having a torrid time with my mail server!
> > Did you get my reply?
> > I can't seem to reply without quoting - soory
> > You may give me a 1 word answer at jameslinder0@gmail.com
> > Thanks
> > James
A bit more than a word. Here's what all the output boils down
to (just one issue):

--
Bill
Re: Firmware not loading [ In reply to ]
> On Mar 22, 2024, at 06:22, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Please put the complete ansible ourput at pastebin.com
> > > or your favorite paste place as long as it isn't pasword
> > > protected.
> > > Bill I'm having a torrid time with my mail server!
> > > Did you get my reply?
> > > I can't seem to reply without quoting - soory
> > > You may give me a 1 word answer at jameslinder0@gmail.com
> > > Thanks
> > > James
> A bit more than a word. Here's what all the output boils down
> to (just one issue):
>

> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have,
> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable,
> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created,
> or been moved out of Incoming.,
> The following information may help to resolve the situation:,
>
> The following packages have unmet dependencies:,
> libcec-dev : Depends: libcec6 (= 6.0.2-1ubuntu2) but 6.0.2-2 is to be installed

Bil, I know I’m being a dork, but that is like saying “The red one’s edges are wrong”
What does the errror mean?
And in particular how would I resolve it?

Thanks
James

PS I reloaded the Armbin spin whereupon the firmware loaded
Re: Firmware not loading [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 06:31:34AM +0800, James Linder wrote:

> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have,
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable,
> > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created,
> > or been moved out of Incoming.,
> > The following information may help to resolve the situation:,
> >
> > The following packages have unmet dependencies:,
> > libcec-dev : Depends: libcec6 (= 6.0.2-1ubuntu2) but 6.0.2-2 is to be installed
>
> Bil, I know I’m being a dork, but that is like saying “The red one’s edges are wrong”
> What does the errror mean?
> And in particular how would I resolve it?

It means what it says but admittedly it sounds like Klingon at first.
The libcec-dev package wants a particular version of libcec6
installed. But that version is not available for some reason.

This is most likely because you have a few different package sources
enabled and maybe one needs to be disabled, or maybe one needs
to have a different priority applied to it.

First I would try

apt update
apt-cache policy libcec-dev
apt-cache policy libcec6

to see what versions you hava available and installed.

Then I would try

apt install --dry-run libcec-dev

to see if that gives any more detailed information
This won't do anything but will do a dry-run through the process.

Re: Firmware not loading [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Mar 23, 2024, 19:12 <lists@arewethere.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 06:31:34AM +0800, James Linder wrote:
> > >

> > > Some packages could not be installed.

> > > The following packages have unmet dependencies:,
> > > libcec-dev : Depends: libcec6 (= 6.0.2-1ubuntu2) but 6.0.2-2 is to be
> installed
> >
> > Bil, I know I’m being a dork, but that is like saying “The red one’s
> edges are wrong”
> > What does the errror mean?
> > And in particular how would I resolve it?
>
> The libcec-dev package wants a particular version of libcec6 installed.
> But that version is not available for some reason.

Of note, The development package [libcec-dev] requires an Ubuntu version of
the [libcec6] package, but the package to be installed is not labeled with
the Ubuntu versioning, and also appears to be slightly newer.

The below instructions of updating, looking at package policy with
apt-cache, then performing a --dry-run [.performs every operation as a test
without writing anything to disk nor changing anything on the system] to
see what a reinstallation attempt would produce, looks like a good way to
see a bit more information about what is actually going on under the hood.

Hope this helps,

Mike

---