force the metadata to use the new recording rule information to update
current recordings?

Jim A
Re: Correcting the metadata in mythtfrontend [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 6:47?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I was checking the mythfrontend list of recent recordings and noticed that
> some of the artwork was the wrong tv show.
>
> Using the new Web App, I edited the recording rules for a few of them.
> The Metadata Lookup Id (InetRef) had nothing special in it. So I check
> thetvdb.com link and found the id of the right one and added that after
> ttvdb4.py_"nnnnn" using the right ID.
>
> I'm pretty sure this will fix new recordings. Is there an easy way to
> force the metadata to use the new recording rule information to update
> current recordings?
>
> Jim A

I can force a get metadata job with either mythfrontend or the Web App, but
I get the same metadata artwork I already had and not the new artwork shown
on thetvdb.com.

Jim A
Re: Correcting the metadata in mythtfrontend [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2024-02-17 at 07:01 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 6:47?AM James Abernathy
> <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was checking the mythfrontend list of recent recordings and
> > noticed that some of the artwork was the wrong tv show.
> >
> > Using the new Web App, I edited the recording rules for a few of
> > them.  The Metadata Lookup Id (InetRef)  had nothing special in
> > it.  So I check thetvdb.com link and found the id of the right one
> > and added that after ttvdb4.py_"nnnnn" using the right ID.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure this will fix new recordings.  Is there an easy way
> > to force the metadata to use the new recording rule information to
> > update current recordings?
> >
> > Jim A
> >

> I can force a get metadata job with either mythfrontend or the Web
> App, but I get the same metadata artwork I already had and not the
> new artwork shown on thetvdb.com.
>
> Jim A

i have always had to manually remove the inet ref under recording
metadata and make that field empty and then run mythmetadatalookup --
refresh-all. but that is a manual thing. probably it could be scripted
somehow to remove it for a given series. unless someone knows of some
other way
Re: Correcting the metadata in mythtfrontend [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 1:05?PM glen <glenb@glenb.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2024-02-17 at 07:01 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
>

> On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 6:47?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I was checking the mythfrontend list of recent recordings and noticed that
> some of the artwork was the wrong tv show.
>
> Using the new Web App, I edited the recording rules for a few of them.
> The Metadata Lookup Id (InetRef) had nothing special in it. So I check
> thetvdb.com
> <http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJwkx7FuAyEMANCvga3IBmxzA0OX_AdgX6h0l1QXGql_36Hj0zr2ppS9VRQoKJgp-lm5SyHYkmy7FVIWoYIWM1gDsJT9V-WozJiKYGoIqtsg5QYkOVHfB_XETIAQRjvtcBnuhz16eNjyR51rfbv06eLNxduatt7aw3ie_qrn75rr_fHzsuvlMvwzPK_7XwAAAP__swUytA>
> link and found the id of the right one and added that after
> ttvdb4.py_"nnnnn" using the right ID.
>
> I'm pretty sure this will fix new recordings. Is there an easy way to
> force the metadata to use the new recording rule information to update
> current recordings?
>
> Jim A
>

> I can force a get metadata job with either mythfrontend or the Web App,
> but I get the same metadata artwork I already had and not the new artwork
> shown on thetvdb.com
> <http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJwkx7FuAyEMANCvga3IBmxzA0OX_AdgX6h0l1QXGql_36Hj0zr2ppS9VRQoKJgp-lm5SyHYkmy7FVIWoYIWM1gDsJT9V-WozJiKYGoIqtsg5QYkOVHfB_XETIAQRjvtcBnuhz16eNjyR51rfbv06eLNxduatt7aw3ie_qrn75rr_fHzsuvlMvwzPK_7XwAAAP__swUytA>
> .
>
> Jim A
>

> i have always had to manually remove the inet ref under recording metadata
> and make that field empty and then run mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all.
> but that is a manual thing. probably it could be scripted somehow to remove
> it for a given series. unless someone knows of some other way

Some themes, like the Steppes Theme, in the recordings-ui.xml there is a
'query_botton'.
Could you please check, if this does actually update the artwork?

Roland
Re: Correcting the metadata in mythtfrontend [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 7:05?AM glen <glenb@glenb.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2024-02-17 at 07:01 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
>

> On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 6:47?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I was checking the mythfrontend list of recent recordings and noticed that
> some of the artwork was the wrong tv show.
>
> Using the new Web App, I edited the recording rules for a few of them.
> The Metadata Lookup Id (InetRef) had nothing special in it. So I check
> thetvdb.com
> <http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJwkx7FuAyEMANCvga3IBmxzA0OX_AdgX6h0l1QXGql_36Hj0zr2ppS9VRQoKJgp-lm5SyHYkmy7FVIWoYIWM1gDsJT9V-WozJiKYGoIqtsg5QYkOVHfB_XETIAQRjvtcBnuhz16eNjyR51rfbv06eLNxduatt7aw3ie_qrn75rr_fHzsuvlMvwzPK_7XwAAAP__swUytA>
> link and found the id of the right one and added that after
> ttvdb4.py_"nnnnn" using the right ID.
>
> I'm pretty sure this will fix new recordings. Is there an easy way to
> force the metadata to use the new recording rule information to update
> current recordings?
>
> Jim A
>

> I can force a get metadata job with either mythfrontend or the Web App,
> but I get the same metadata artwork I already had and not the new artwork
> shown on thetvdb.com
> <http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJwkx7FuAyEMANCvga3IBmxzA0OX_AdgX6h0l1QXGql_36Hj0zr2ppS9VRQoKJgp-lm5SyHYkmy7FVIWoYIWM1gDsJT9V-WozJiKYGoIqtsg5QYkOVHfB_XETIAQRjvtcBnuhz16eNjyR51rfbv06eLNxduatt7aw3ie_qrn75rr_fHzsuvlMvwzPK_7XwAAAP__swUytA>
> .
>
> Jim A
>

> i have always had to manually remove the inet ref under recording metadata
> and make that field empty and then run mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all.
> but that is a manual thing. probably it could be scripted somehow to remove
> it for a given series. unless someone knows of some other way

I had some luck with mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all on one show, but not
the other. On that show I had to use mythfrontend and select the show in
the library list and go to Scheduling options and change recording
metadata. It didn't have the data I had edited with the Web App. I had to
change it to ttvdb4 with the correct id and that instantly changed the
large photo image of the show to the correct one.

I guess I should always set up new recordings with the specific ID I want
to get the right metadata.

Jim A
Re: Correcting the metadata in mythtfrontend [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2024-02-17 at 07:31 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 7:05?AM glen <glenb@glenb.net> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2024-02-17 at 07:01 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:

> > > I can force a get metadata job with either mythfrontend or the
> > > Web App, but I get the same metadata artwork I already had and
> > > not the new artwork shown on thetvdb.com.
> > >
> > > Jim A
> > >

> > i have always had to manually remove the inet ref under recording
> > metadata and make that field empty and then run mythmetadatalookup
> > --refresh-all. but that is a manual thing. probably it could be
> > scripted somehow to remove it for a given series. unless someone
> > knows of some other way
> >

> I had some luck with mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all on one show,
> but not the other.  On that show I had to use mythfrontend and select
> the show in the library list and go to Scheduling options and change
> recording metadata. It didn't have the data I had edited with the Web
> App.  I had to change it to ttvdb4 with the correct id and that
> instantly changed the large photo image of the show to the correct
> one.
>
> I guess I should always set up new recordings with the specific ID I
> want to get the right metadata.
>
> Jim A

once the individual recording populates its recording metadata field
with the inet number, the mythmetadatalookup --refresh won't change it
even if the recording rule metadata inet ref has changed. as far as i
have always found. usually i see it and its a single show so far, so i
remove the incorrect inet in the show metadata and either replace it or
make it empty and do the mythmetadatalookup.

Re: Correcting the metadata in mythtfrontend [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 8:36?AM glen <glenb@glenb.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2024-02-17 at 07:31 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
>

> On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 7:05?AM glen <glenb@glenb.net> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 2024-02-17 at 07:01 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
>

> On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 6:47?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I was checking the mythfrontend list of recent recordings and noticed that
> some of the artwork was the wrong tv show.
>
> Using the new Web App, I edited the recording rules for a few of them.
> The Metadata Lookup Id (InetRef) had nothing special in it. So I check
> thetvdb.com
> <http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJwkx7FuAyEMANCvga3IBmxzA0OX_AdgX6h0l1QXGql_36Hj0zr2ppS9VRQoKJgp-lm5SyHYkmy7FVIWoYIWM1gDsJT9V-WozJiKYGoIqtsg5QYkOVHfB_XETIAQRjvtcBnuhz16eNjyR51rfbv06eLNxduatt7aw3ie_qrn75rr_fHzsuvlMvwzPK_7XwAAAP__swUytA>
> link and found the id of the right one and added that after
> ttvdb4.py_"nnnnn" using the right ID.
>
> I'm pretty sure this will fix new recordings. Is there an easy way to
> force the metadata to use the new recording rule information to update
> current recordings?
>
> Jim A
>

> I can force a get metadata job with either mythfrontend or the Web App,
> but I get the same metadata artwork I already had and not the new artwork
> shown on thetvdb.com
> <http://email.mg.glenb.net/c/eJwkx7FuAyEMANCvga3IBmxzA0OX_AdgX6h0l1QXGql_36Hj0zr2ppS9VRQoKJgp-lm5SyHYkmy7FVIWoYIWM1gDsJT9V-WozJiKYGoIqtsg5QYkOVHfB_XETIAQRjvtcBnuhz16eNjyR51rfbv06eLNxduatt7aw3ie_qrn75rr_fHzsuvlMvwzPK_7XwAAAP__swUytA>
> .
>
> Jim A
>

> i have always had to manually remove the inet ref under recording metadata
> and make that field empty and then run mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all.
> but that is a manual thing. probably it could be scripted somehow to remove
> it for a given series. unless someone knows of some other way
>
> I had some luck with mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all on one show, but not
> the other. On that show I had to use mythfrontend and select the show in
> the library list and go to Scheduling options and change recording
> metadata. It didn't have the data I had edited with the Web App. I had to
> change it to ttvdb4 with the correct id and that instantly changed the
> large photo image of the show to the correct one.
>
> I guess I should always set up new recordings with the specific ID I want
> to get the right metadata.
>
> Jim A
>

> once the individual recording populates its recording metadata field with
> the inet number, the mythmetadatalookup --refresh won't change it even if
> the recording rule metadata inet ref has changed. as far as i have always
> found. usually i see it and its a single show so far, so i remove the
> incorrect inet in the show metadata and either replace it or make it empty
> and do the mythmetadatalookup.

Thanks, I think I have a handle on the mechanisms. I have fixed all my
existing metadata and have learned to force the right TVDB4 ID into all
recording rules using the Web App when a new program recording is first set
up.

Jim A
Re: Correcting the metadata in mythtfrontend [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 8:48?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>> to get the right metadata.
>>
>> Jim A
>>

>> once the individual recording populates its recording metadata field with
>> the inet number, the mythmetadatalookup --refresh won't change it even if
>> the recording rule metadata inet ref has changed. as far as i have always
>> found. usually i see it and its a single show so far, so i remove the
>> incorrect inet in the show metadata and either replace it or make it empty
>> and do the mythmetadatalookup.
>>

> Thanks, I think I have a handle on the mechanisms. I have fixed all my
> existing metadata and have learned to force the right TVDB4 ID into all
> recording rules using the Web App when a new program recording is first set
> up.
>
> Jim A
>

> Using Steppes theme, the perform query button did work, curiously though,
after selecting cover, banner etc I escaped then saved and found no change
in watch recordings... repeat, without saving, changes made, hmm.