Mailing List Archive

V34 Web Application
Hi,

I have just upgraded Mythtv from V33 to V34 using the Myhtbuntu PPA on
Ubuntu 22.04. I was keen to try the new web application, but can't seem
to get it to work. When loading the page from http://localhost:6544/ I
get a dashboard that has a number of cards but only grey boxes instead
of any data. The login button is greyed out and clicking on it does
nothing. Several of the setup pages also has no content and there
appears to be no upcoming recordings page. Am I doing something wrong?
I'm guessing the greyed out login button is the issue as I need to log
in? Unfortunately, I can't see any instructions on the wiki on this.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards

Paul Raison

The data contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information. If you have received it in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the message from your system. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.

Re: V34 Web Application [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 16, 2024 at 9:50?AM Paul Raison <paul@raison.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just upgraded Mythtv from V33 to V34 using the Myhtbuntu PPA on
> Ubuntu 22.04. I was keen to try the new web application, but can't seem
> to get it to work. When loading the page from http://localhost:6544/ I
> get a dashboard that has a number of cards but only grey boxes instead
> of any data. The login button is greyed out and clicking on it does
> nothing. Several of the setup pages also has no content and there
> appears to be no upcoming recordings page. Am I doing something wrong?
> I'm guessing the greyed out login button is the issue as I need to log
> in? Unfortunately, I can't see any instructions on the wiki on this.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Regards
>
> Paul Raison
>
> Please check if everything was updated correctly:
in a terminal, run 'dpkg -l | grep myth' and verify that every package
starts with '2:34.0+fixes.'

Roland
Re: V34 Web Application [ In reply to ]
> On 16 Feb 2024, at 10:46, Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> dpkg -l | grep myth

Thank you so much. Package mythtv-common was still at v33. Now I have a functioning web frontend. I really think the Mythbuntu PPA packages are broken as when I first upgraded, I was missing the libmyth package, which I had to install manually.

Regards
Paul