script and it failed due to some v34/35 issues. I didn't troubleshoot
since I wanted fixes/34.

Jim A
Re: release of v34? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2024-02-10 at 07:56 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
> I just noticed this morning that mythtv.org in the announcement
> section that V34 is Released.  Congratulations to all the
> developers.  I've been using it via Master for about six months now
> and it has worked well for me.
>
> I did notice on mythtv.org, that the Current Release/ 'Download Now'
> area still says V33.1.

I missed updating that page. Thanks for pointing it out.

David

Re: release of v34? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 10, 2024 at 4:58?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I just noticed this morning that mythtv.org in the announcement section
> that V34 is Released. Congratulations to all the developers. I've been
> using it via Master for about six months now and it has worked well for me.
>
> I did notice on mythtv.org, that the Current Release/ 'Download Now' area
> still says V33.1.
>
> Maybe not completely released yet??
>
> On Ubuntu 22.04, I'm using v34 by having the ppa:mythbuntu/34 and that
> worked for sometime and continues to work today. However, the image
> version has not switched to fixes/34 yet. It says MythTV Version :
> v34.0~master.202402091813.1f5dfbce31~ubuntu22.04.1

Does the v34 frontend backwards compatible with v33? I know in the past,
the versions needed to match the backend version. I am not yet ready to
upgrade my backend, but wanted to see if v34 made any difference.

Re: release of v34? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 11:14?AM Monkey Pet <monkeypet@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does the v34 frontend backwards compatible with v33? I know in the past,
> the versions needed to match the backend version. I am not yet ready to
> upgrade my backend, but wanted to see if v34 made any difference.

The upgrade path yes. But I believe there was a database schema upgrade
with would require both frontend / backends to match.

Re: release of v34? [ In reply to ]
Also, I know that there's been work on a replacement for mythweb,
but does mythweb still work as it used to? For a variety of reasons,
I'd rather not switch right this second if I take the update, so I'll
defer updating if mythweb is broken/has been removed/etc. Thanks.
Re: release of v34? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 11:51?AM <f-myth-users@media.mit.edu> wrote:

> Also, I know that there's been work on a replacement for mythweb,
> but does mythweb still work as it used to? For a variety of reasons,
> I'd rather not switch right this second if I take the update, so I'll
> defer updating if mythweb is broken/has been removed/etc. Thanks.

mythweb still works on my v34 backend. I'm running Ubuntu 23.10.
Re: release of v34? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 12:20?PM John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 11:51?AM <f-myth-users@media.mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> Also, I know that there's been work on a replacement for mythweb,
>> but does mythweb still work as it used to? For a variety of reasons,
>> I'd rather not switch right this second if I take the update, so I'll
>> defer updating if mythweb is broken/has been removed/etc. Thanks.
>

> mythweb still works on my v34 backend. I'm running Ubuntu 23.10.

mythweb still works on my v34 backend which is Ubuntu 22.04. But not well.
Some of the features that I now use daily on the Web App never did work
right or not at all on mythweb

JIm A
Re: release of v34? [ In reply to ]
> On Feb 12, 2024, at 00:13, Monkey Pet <monkeypet@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sat, Feb 10, 2024 at 4:58?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just noticed this morning that mythtv.org in the announcement section that V34 is Released. Congratulations to all the developers. I've been using it via Master for about six months now and it has worked well for me.
>
> I did notice on mythtv.org, that the Current Release/ 'Download Now' area still says V33.1.
>
> Maybe not completely released yet??
>
> On Ubuntu 22.04, I'm using v34 by having the ppa:mythbuntu/34 and that worked for sometime and continues to work today. However, the image version has not switched to fixes/34 yet. It says MythTV Version : v34.0~master.202402091813.1f5dfbce31~ubuntu22.04.1
>
> Does the v34 frontend backwards compatible with v33? I know in the past, the versions needed to match the backend version. I am not yet ready to upgrade my backend, but wanted to see if v34 made any difference.
>

> Maybe that is work that still needs to be done?
>

> On Debian 12/LMDE 6 I changed my build script from 'master' to 'fixes/34' and it's building fine as I type.
>
> However, I did notice that before I changed to fixes/34 I had master in the script and it failed due to some v34/35 issues. I didn't troubleshoot since I wanted fixes/34.
>
> Jim A

Jim this morning

$ git pull
$ git checkout fixes/34

worked fine
James (Perth GMT+8 (sic))
Re: release of v34? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Feb 11, 2024, 6:43?PM James Linder <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> > On Feb 12, 2024, at 00:13, Monkey Pet <monkeypet@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Sat, Feb 10, 2024 at 4:58?AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I just noticed this morning that mythtv.org in the announcement section
> that V34 is Released. Congratulations to all the developers. I've been
> using it via Master for about six months now and it has worked well for me.
> >
> > I did notice on mythtv.org, that the Current Release/ 'Download Now'
> area still says V33.1.
> >
> > Maybe not completely released yet??
> >
> > On Ubuntu 22.04, I'm using v34 by having the ppa:mythbuntu/34 and that
> worked for sometime and continues to work today. However, the image
> version has not switched to fixes/34 yet. It says MythTV Version :
> v34.0~master.202402091813.1f5dfbce31~ubuntu22.04.1
> >
> > Does the v34 frontend backwards compatible with v33? I know in the past,
> the versions needed to match the backend version. I am not yet ready to
> upgrade my backend, but wanted to see if v34 made any difference.
> >

> > Maybe that is work that still needs to be done?
> >

> > On Debian 12/LMDE 6 I changed my build script from 'master' to
> 'fixes/34' and it's building fine as I type.
> >
> > However, I did notice that before I changed to fixes/34 I had master in
> the script and it failed due to some v34/35 issues. I didn't troubleshoot
> since I wanted fixes/34.
> >
> > Jim A
>
> Jim this morning
>
> $ git pull
> $ git checkout fixes/34
>
> worked fine
> James (Perth GMT+8 (sic))

I'm not building from source. I use the Ubuntu ppa: mythbuntu/34

Jim A