Mailing List Archive

errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates
I've been rebuilding the packages of Mythtv master for Debian 12 after I
saw Ubuntu 22.04 mythtv packages change.

That worked yesterday morning, but today after some cmake updates I get
errors pretty close to the beginning of the build. I'm using the wiki
method for building the Debian packages.

here's the console log

#build the tarball
tar czf
/home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv/../mythtv_34.0"~"master.20240208.93e52a62.orig.tar.gz
--exclu
de-vcs --exclude .pc --exclude-tag-all mythtv.make *
libdistro-info-perl is not installed, Debian release names are not known.
libdistro-info-perl is not installed, Ubuntu release names are not known.
dch warning: Unable to determine Debian's backport distributions.
dch warning: Recognised distributions are:
experimental, unstable, testing, stable, oldstable, oldoldstable,
{trixie,bookworm,bullseye,buster}-proposed-updates,
{testing,stable,oldstable,oldoldstable}-proposed-updates,
{trixie,bookworm,bullseye,buster}-security,
{testing,stable,oldstable,oldoldstable}}-security and UNRELEASED.
Using your request anyway.
Testing all patches before building the packages
Applying patch debian/patches/default_directories
Applying patch debian/patches/bindings_install_paths.patch
Applying patch debian/patches/default_theme.patch
Now at patch debian/patches/default_theme.patch
Removing patch debian/patches/default_theme.patch
Removing patch debian/patches/bindings_install_paths.patch
Removing patch debian/patches/default_directories
No patches applied
Building the packages
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui -i -I.git
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source package mythtv
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source version
2:34.0~master.20240208.93e52a62-0ubuntu0
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source distribution faye
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source changed by jim <jim@lmde6>
dpkg-source -i -I.git --before-build .
dpkg-buildpackage: info: host architecture amd64
dpkg-source: info: using options from mythtv/debian/source/options:
--extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerig
nore|.clang-tidy|.clazy
dpkg-source: info: using patch list from debian/patches/series
dpkg-source: info: applying default_directories
dpkg-source: info: applying bindings_install_paths.patch
dpkg-source: info: applying default_theme.patch
fakeroot debian/rules clean
dh clean --parallel --with python3
debian/rules override_dh_auto_clean
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv'
[ -f mythtv/config.mak ] && /usr/bin/make -C mythtv distclean || true
[ -f mythplugins/config.pro ] && /usr/bin/make -C mythplugins distclean ||
true
[ -f mythtv/VERSION.old ] && mv mythtv/VERSION.old mythtv/VERSION || true
dh_auto_clean
debconf-updatepo
rm -rf /home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv/debian/home
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv'
dh_clean
dpkg-source -i -I.git -b .
dpkg-source: info: using options from mythtv/debian/source/options:
--extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerig
nore|.clang-tidy|.clazy
dpkg-source: info: using source format '3.0 (quilt)'
dpkg-source: info: building mythtv using existing
./mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.93e52a62.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: using patch list from debian/patches/series
dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
mythtv/.cmake-format.py
mythtv/.cppcheck-includes
mythtv/.cppcheck-suppress
dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes, see
/tmp/mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.93e5
2a62-0ubuntu0.diff.ISOrKD
dpkg-source: info: Hint: make sure the version in debian/changelog matches
the unpacked source tree
dpkg-source: info: you can integrate the local changes with dpkg-source
--commit
dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -i -I.git -b . subprocess returned
exit status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1182:
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui -i -I.git failed

Jim A
Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On 08/02/2024 11:35, James Abernathy wrote:
> I've been rebuilding the packages of Mythtv master for Debian 12 after I
> saw Ubuntu  22.04 mythtv packages change.
>
> That worked yesterday morning, but today after some cmake updates I get
> errors pretty close to the beginning  of the build.  I'm using the wiki
> method for building the Debian packages.
>
> here's the console log
>
> #build the tarball
> tar czf
> /home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv/../mythtv_34.0"~"master.20240208.93e52a62.orig.tar.gz --exclu

I'm not familiar withthe Debian system, but can't match that version on
either the MythTV Commits or Ubuntu PPA 34 sites. ??

John P

Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 7:09?AM John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 08/02/2024 11:35, James Abernathy wrote:
> > I've been rebuilding the packages of Mythtv master for Debian 12 after I
> > saw Ubuntu 22.04 mythtv packages change.
> >
> > That worked yesterday morning, but today after some cmake updates I get
> > errors pretty close to the beginning of the build. I'm using the wiki
> > method for building the Debian packages.
> >
> > here's the console log
> >
> > #build the tarball
> > tar czf
> >
> /home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv/../mythtv_34.0"~"master.20240208.93e52a62.orig.tar.gz
> --exclu
>

> I'm not familiar withthe Debian system, but can't match that version on
> either the MythTV Commits or Ubuntu PPA 34 sites. ??
>
> John P

The Debian builds never produce versions that match the Ubuntu packages.

The reference I started with is
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_Debian

I documented my method on the forum.
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5466

JIm A
Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 06:35 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
> [...]
> distclean || true
> [ -f mythtv/VERSION.old ] && mv mythtv/VERSION.old mythtv/VERSION ||
> true
> dh_auto_clean
> debconf-updatepo
> rm -rf /home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv/debian/home
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv'
>    dh_clean
>  dpkg-source -i -I.git -b .
> dpkg-source: info: using options from mythtv/debian/source/options: -
> -extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerig
> nore|.clang-tidy|.clazy
> dpkg-source: info: using source format '3.0 (quilt)'
> dpkg-source: info: building mythtv using existing
> ./mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.93e52a62.orig.tar.gz
> dpkg-source: info: using patch list from debian/patches/series
> dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:

Those are new files I added last night. They have nothing to do with
actually building the code; they're for tools that process the source
directory. I don't know anything about the debian build process and
why it would choke on them.

David

Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 9:08?AM David Hampton via mythtv-users <
mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:

> [...]
> > dh_clean
> > dpkg-source -i -I.git -b .
> > dpkg-source: info: using options from mythtv/debian/source/options: -
> > -extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerig
> > nore|.clang-tidy|.clazy
> > dpkg-source: info: using source format '3.0 (quilt)'
> > dpkg-source: info: building mythtv using existing
> > ./mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.93e52a62.orig.tar.gz
> > dpkg-source: info: using patch list from debian/patches/series
> > dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
> > mythtv/.cmake-format.py
> > mythtv/.cppcheck-includes
> > mythtv/.cppcheck-suppress
>
> Those are new files I added last night. They have nothing to do with
> actually building the code; they're for tools that process the source
> directory. I don't know anything about the debian build process and

Well this building is done by scripts in the mythtv/packaging/deb directory.

cd
mkdir ~/build
cd ~/build
git clone https://github.com/MythTV/packaging.git -b fixes/33 # if you
want the current release v33
or
git clone https://github.com/MythTV/packaging.git # if you
want the Master or "v34"
cd packaging/deb

./build-debs.sh fixes/33
or
./build-debs.sh master

I have not had to mess with that until the changes you made yesterday.
Not sure if something should change in the scripts based on what you
did?

JIm A
Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 12:36?PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've been rebuilding the packages of Mythtv master for Debian 12 after I
> saw Ubuntu 22.04 mythtv packages change.
>
> That worked yesterday morning, but today after some cmake updates I get
> errors pretty close to the beginning of the build. I'm using the wiki
> method for building the Debian packages.
>
> here's the console log
>
> #build the tarball
> dpkg-source -i -I.git -b .
> dpkg-source: info: using options from mythtv/debian/source/options:
> --extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerig
> nore|.clang-tidy|.clazy
> dpkg-source: info: using source format '3.0 (quilt)'
> dpkg-source: info: building mythtv using existing
> ./mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.93e52a62.orig.tar.gz
> dpkg-source: info: using patch list from debian/patches/series
> dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
> mythtv/.cmake-format.py
> mythtv/.cppcheck-includes
> mythtv/.cppcheck-suppress
> dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes, see
> /tmp/mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.93e5
> 2a62-0ubuntu0.diff.ISOrKD

The log already shows a hint how to solve this error:
Add these 3 modified files to the file
packaging/deb/debian/source/options
by using the same syntax as given by the file itself:

extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerignore|.clang-tidy|.clazy|.cmake-format.py|.cppcheck-includes|.cppcheck-suppress

It is the same issue as previouslywith the '.clazy' file:
https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/commit/2f9f4b97cdcbebf479d15343dd5fd140f8daddc9

It does not affect the lauchpad build at
https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/34

2:34.0~master.202402081705.1f5dfbce31~ubuntuxx.yy.z

was build successfully a couple of minutes ago.

@Jim A: could you please verify above change on debian?

Roland
Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 7:56?PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 12:36?PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've been rebuilding the packages of Mythtv master for Debian 12 after I
>> saw Ubuntu 22.04 mythtv packages change.
>>
>> That worked yesterday morning, but today after some cmake updates I get
>> errors pretty close to the beginning of the build. I'm using the wiki
>> method for building the Debian packages.
>>
>> here's the console log
>>
>> #build the tarball
>> dpkg-source -i -I.git -b .
>> dpkg-source: info: using options from mythtv/debian/source/options:
>> --extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerig
>> nore|.clang-tidy|.clazy
>> dpkg-source: info: using source format '3.0 (quilt)'
>> dpkg-source: info: building mythtv using existing
>> ./mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.93e52a62.orig.tar.gz
>> dpkg-source: info: using patch list from debian/patches/series
>> dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
>> mythtv/.cmake-format.py
>> mythtv/.cppcheck-includes
>> mythtv/.cppcheck-suppress
>> dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes, see
>> /tmp/mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.93e5
>> 2a62-0ubuntu0.diff.ISOrKD
>>

> The log already shows a hint how to solve this error:
> Add these 3 modified files to the file
> packaging/deb/debian/source/options
> by using the same syntax as given by the file itself:
>
> extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerignore|.clang-tidy|.clazy|.cmake-format.py|.cppcheck-includes|.cppcheck-suppress
>
> It is the same issue as previouslywith the '.clazy' file:
> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/commit/2f9f4b97cdcbebf479d15343dd5fd140f8daddc9
>
> It does not affect the lauchpad build at
> https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/34
>
> 2:34.0~master.202402081705.1f5dfbce31~ubuntuxx.yy.z
>
> was build successfully a couple of minutes ago.
>
> @Jim A: could you please verify above change on debian?
>
> Roland

Sorry,
build at launchpad failed but with a different error:

fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

Roland
Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 8:11?PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 7:56?PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 12:36?PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I've been rebuilding the packages of Mythtv master for Debian 12 after I
>>> saw Ubuntu 22.04 mythtv packages change.
>>>
>>> That worked yesterday morning, but today after some cmake updates I get
>>> errors pretty close to the beginning of the build. I'm using the wiki
>>> method for building the Debian packages.
>>>
>>> here's the console log
>>>
>>> #build the tarball
>>> dpkg-source -i -I.git -b .
>>> dpkg-source: info: using options from mythtv/debian/source/options:
>>> --extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerig
>>> nore|.clang-tidy|.clazy
>>> dpkg-source: info: using source format '3.0 (quilt)'
>>> dpkg-source: info: building mythtv using existing
>>> ./mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.93e52a62.orig.tar.gz
>>> dpkg-source: info: using patch list from debian/patches/series
>>> dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
>>> mythtv/.cmake-format.py
>>> mythtv/.cppcheck-includes
>>> mythtv/.cppcheck-suppress
>>> dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes, see
>>> /tmp/mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.93e5
>>> 2a62-0ubuntu0.diff.ISOrKD
>>>

>> The log already shows a hint how to solve this error:
>> Add these 3 modified files to the file
>> packaging/deb/debian/source/options
>> by using the same syntax as given by the file itself:
>>
>> extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerignore|.clang-tidy|.clazy|.cmake-format.py|.cppcheck-includes|.cppcheck-suppress
>>
>> It is the same issue as previouslywith the '.clazy' file:
>> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/commit/2f9f4b97cdcbebf479d15343dd5fd140f8daddc9
>>
>> It does not affect the lauchpad build at
>> https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/34
>>
>> 2:34.0~master.202402081705.1f5dfbce31~ubuntuxx.yy.z
>>
>> was build successfully a couple of minutes ago.
>>
>> @Jim A: could you please verify above change on debian?
>>
>> Roland
>>

> Sorry,
> build at launchpad failed but with a different error:
>
> fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
>
> Roland

And being more explicitly:
dh_autoconfigure wants to execute 'cmake'

dh_auto_configure
cd obj-x86_64-linux-gnu && DEB_PYTHON_INSTALL_LAYOUT=deb cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR=/etc -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCALSTATEDIR=/var
-DCMAKE_EXPORT_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON
-DCMAKE_FIND_USE_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=OFF
-DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON
-DFETCHCONTENT_FULLY_DISCONNECTED=ON "-GUnix Makefiles"
-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib/x86_64-linux-gnu ..
Can't exec "cmake": No such file or directory at
/usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Dh_Lib.pm line 518.

Not amused,
Roland
Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 1:58?PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 12:36?PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've been rebuilding the packages of Mythtv master for Debian 12 after I
>> saw Ubuntu 22.04 mythtv packages change.
>>
>> That worked yesterday morning, but today after some cmake updates I get
>> errors pretty close to the beginning of the build. I'm using the wiki
>> method for building the Debian packages.
>>
>> here's the console log
>>

>> @Jim A: could you please verify above change on debian?
>
> Roland

It didn't build. I made the changes to the 'option' file but no luck.

#build the tarball
tar czf
/home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv/../mythtv_34.0"~"master.20240208.1f5dfbce31.orig.tar.gz
[...]
2:34.0~master.20240208.1f5dfbce31-0ubuntu0
[...]
dpkg-source: info: building mythtv in
mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.1f5dfbce31-0ubuntu0.debian.tar.xz
dpkg-source: info: building mythtv in
mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.1f5dfbce31-0ubuntu0.dsc
debian/rules build
dh build --parallel --with python3
dh_update_autotools_config
dh_autoreconf
dh_auto_configure
cd obj-x86_64-linux-gnu && cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None -DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR=/etc
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCALSTATEDIR=/var -DCMAKE_EXPORT_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON
-DCMAKE_FIND_USE_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=OFF
-DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON
-DFETCHCONTENT_FULLY_DISCONNECTED=ON "-GUnix Makefiles"
-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib/x86_64-linux-gnu ..
Can't exec "cmake": No such file or directory at
/usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Dh_Lib.pm line 518.
dh_auto_configure: error: exec (for cmd: cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None -DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR=/etc
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCALSTATEDIR=/var -DCMAKE_EXPORT_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON
-DCMAKE_FIND_USE_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=OFF
-DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON
-DFETCHCONTENT_FULLY_DISCONNECTED=ON "-GUnix Makefiles"
-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib/x86_64-linux-gnu ..)
failed: No such file or directory
dh_auto_configure: error: cd obj-x86_64-linux-gnu && cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR=/etc -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCALSTATEDIR=/var
-DCMAKE_EXPORT_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON -DCMAKE_FIND_USE_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=OFF
-DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON
-DFETCHCONTENT_FULLY_DISCONNECTED=ON "-GUnix Makefiles"
-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib/x86_64-linux-gnu ..
returned exit code 2
make: *** [debian/rules:96: build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build subprocess returned exit

Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
So now it’s complaining that you don’t have cmake installed;

On ubuntu that’s just
sudo apt install cmake
(and you’ll probably want to add cmake to the build dependencies in deb/debian/control.in to keep things consistent)

That unfortunately only gets a little bit further and fails with

CMake Error at cmake/ReadOnlyTests.cmake:51 (message):
Install directory /usr (or parent) is read-only.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:220 (ensure_dir_writable)

Which is actually expected since /usr actually should not be writeable by the build process.

Not really sure how to continue myself.

Martin
no.disclaimer

I've been rebuilding the packages of Mythtv master for Debian 12 after I saw Ubuntu 22.04 mythtv packages change.

That worked yesterday morning, but today after some cmake updates I get errors pretty close to the beginning of the build. I'm using the wiki method for building the Debian packages.

here's the console log

@Jim A: could you please verify above change on debian?

Roland

It didn't build. I made the changes to the 'option' file but no luck.

#build the tarball
tar czf /home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv/../mythtv_34.0"~"master.20240208.1f5dfbce31.orig.tar.gz --exclude-vcs --exclude .pc --exclude-tag-all mythtv.make *
[...]
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source version 2:34.0~master.20240208.1f5dfbce31-0ubuntu0
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source distribution faye
dpkg-buildpackage: info: source changed by jim <jim@lmde6>
dpkg-source -i -I.git --before-build .
dpkg-buildpackage: info: host architecture amd64
dpkg-source: info: using options from mythtv/debian/source/options: --extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerignore|.clang-tidy|.clazy|.cmake-format.py|.cppcheck-includes|.cppcheck-suppress
[ -f mythplugins/config.pro<http://config.pro> ] && /usr/bin/make -C mythplugins distclean || true
[ -f mythtv/VERSION.old ] && mv mythtv/VERSION.old mythtv/VERSION || true
dh_auto_clean
debconf-updatepo
rm -rf /home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv/debian/home
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jim/build/packaging/deb/mythtv'
dh_clean
dpkg-source -i -I.git -b .
dpkg-source: info: using options from mythtv/debian/source/options: --extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerignore|.clang-tidy|.clazy|.cmake-format.py|.cppcheck-includes|.cppcheck-suppress
dpkg-source: info: using source format '3.0 (quilt)'
dpkg-source: info: building mythtv using existing ./mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.1f5dfbce31.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: using patch list from debian/patches/series
dpkg-source: info: building mythtv in mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.1f5dfbce31-0ubuntu0.debian.tar.xz
dpkg-source: info: building mythtv in mythtv_34.0~master.20240208.1f5dfbce31-0ubuntu0.dsc
debian/rules build
dh build --parallel --with python3
dh_update_autotools_config
dh_autoreconf
dh_auto_configure
cd obj-x86_64-linux-gnu && cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None -DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR=/etc -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCALSTATEDIR=/var -DCMAKE_EXPORT_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON -DCMAKE_FIND_USE_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=OFF -DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON -DFETCHCONTENT_FULLY_DISCONNECTED=ON "-GUnix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib/x86_64-linux-gnu ..
Can't exec "cmake": No such file or directory at /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Dh_Lib.pm line 518.
dh_auto_configure: error: exec (for cmd: cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None -DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR=/etc -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCALSTATEDIR=/var -DCMAKE_EXPORT_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON -DCMAKE_FIND_USE_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=OFF -DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON -DFETCHCONTENT_FULLY_DISCONNECTED=ON "-GUnix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib/x86_64-linux-gnu ..) failed: No such file or directory
dh_auto_configure: error: cd obj-x86_64-linux-gnu && cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None -DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR=/etc -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCALSTATEDIR=/var -DCMAKE_EXPORT_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON -DCMAKE_FIND_USE_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=OFF -DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON -DFETCHCONTENT_FULLY_DISCONNECTED=ON "-GUnix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib/x86_64-linux-gnu .. returned exit code 2

Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 20:33 +0100, Roland Ernst wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 8:11?PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 7:56?PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > The log already shows a hint how to solve this error:
> > > Add these 3 modified files to the file
> > > packaging/deb/debian/source/options
> > > by using the same syntax as given by the file itself:
> > > extend-diff-ignore=.github|.dockerignore|.clang-
> > > tidy|.clazy|.cmake-format.py|.cppcheck-includes|.cppcheck-
> > > suppress
> > >
> > > It is the same issue as previouslywith the '.clazy' file:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/commit/2f9f4b97cdcbebf479d1534
> > > 3dd5fd140f8daddc9
> > > It does not affect the lauchpad build at
> > > https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/34
> > >
> > > 2:34.0~master.202402081705.1f5dfbce31~ubuntuxx.yy.z
> > > was build successfully a couple of minutes ago.
> > >
> > > @Jim A: could you please verify above change on debian?
> > > Roland
> > >

> > Sorry,
> > build at launchpad failed but with a different error:
> > fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories):
> > .git
> >
> > Roland
> >

> And being more explicitly:
> dh_autoconfigure wants to execute 'cmake'
>    dh_auto_configure
> cd obj-x86_64-linux-gnu && DEB_PYTHON_INSTALL_LAYOUT=deb
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None -
> DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR=/etc -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCALSTATEDIR=/var -
> DCMAKE_EXPORT_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON -
> DCMAKE_FIND_USE_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=OFF -
> DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON -
> DFETCHCONTENT_FULLY_DISCONNECTED=ON "-GUnix Makefiles" -
> DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib/x86_64-linux-
> gnu ..
> Can't exec "cmake": No such file or directory at
> /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Dh_Lib.pm line 518.
> Not amused,
> Roland

Why has build-debs.sh suddenly decided it needs to run cmake instead of
configure/make?

Not amused.

I see that the debhelper command has an option to tell it which build
system to use, but I don't see where debhelper is called.

I'm working on it.

David

Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 20:45 +0000, Martin Bene wrote:

> So now it’s complaining that you don’t have cmake installed;
>
> On ubuntu that’s just
>                sudo apt install cmake
> (and you’ll probably want to add cmake to the build dependencies in
> deb/debian/control.in to keep things consistent)

You shouldn't need cmake installed unless you want to test out the new
build system. The debian scripts have decided they need to run cmake
instead of the traditional configure/make. That's the problem that
needs to be fixed.

David

Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 9:15?PM David Hampton via mythtv-users
<mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:

> You shouldn't need cmake installed unless you want to test out the new
> build system. The debian scripts have decided they need to run cmake
> instead of the traditional configure/make. That's the problem that
> needs to be fixed.

My very limited debhelper knowledge
suggests that the debian build processes
tries to automatically select a buildsystem

It sometimes chooses poorly.

I think one can override that with an
an explicit --buildsystem specification
in the files (possibly --buildsystem=none,
since the mythtv rules has explicit
build instructions when I last skimmed
them).
Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 16:11 -0500, David Hampton wrote:
> On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 20:33 +0100, Roland Ernst wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 8:11?PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Sorry,
> > > build at launchpad failed but with a different error:
> > > fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories):
> > > .git
> > >
> > > Roland
> > >

> > And being more explicitly:
> > dh_autoconfigure wants to execute 'cmake'
> >    dh_auto_configure
> > cd obj-x86_64-linux-gnu && DEB_PYTHON_INSTALL_LAYOUT=deb
> > cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=None -
> > DCMAKE_INSTALL_SYSCONFDIR=/etc -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LOCALSTATEDIR=/var -
> > DCMAKE_EXPORT_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON -
> > DCMAKE_FIND_USE_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=OFF -
> > DCMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NO_PACKAGE_REGISTRY=ON -
> > DFETCHCONTENT_FULLY_DISCONNECTED=ON "-GUnix Makefiles" -
> > DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=lib/x86_64-linux-
> > gnu ..
> > Can't exec "cmake": No such file or directory at
> > /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Dh_Lib.pm line 518.
> > Not amused,
> > Roland
>
> Why has build-debs.sh suddenly decided it needs to run cmake instead
> of
> configure/make?
>
> Not amused.
>
> I see that the debhelper command has an option to tell it which build
> system to use, but I don't see where debhelper is called.
>
> I'm working on it.

Ok. I had to do the following:

1) Ignore the extra files like you mentioned, Roland.

2) Override the automatic configuration step so that the scripts
wouldn't try and run cmake.

After doing these two things, my test debian build ran to completion.
Sorry it took so long; its was a complete compile for the first time on
a slow VM.

Once you update your packaging repo you should be able to build again.

David

Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 8, 2024, 7:55?PM David Hampton via mythtv-users <

So how do you do you 2)

Jim A
Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 20:01 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 8, 2024, 7:55?PM David Hampton via mythtv-users
> <mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:

> > > Why has build-debs.sh suddenly decided it needs to run cmake
> > > instead
> > > of
> > > configure/make?
> > >
> > > Not amused.
> > >
> > > I see that the debhelper command has an option to tell it which
> > > build
> > > system to use, but I don't see where debhelper is called.
> > >
> > > I'm working on it.
> >
> > Ok.  I had to do the following:
> >
> > 1) Ignore the extra files like you mentioned, Roland.
> >
> > 2) Override the automatic configuration step so that the scripts
> > wouldn't try and run cmake.
> >
> > After doing these two things, my test debian build ran to
> > completion.
> > Sorry it took so long; its was a complete compile for the first
> > time on
> > a slow VM.
> >
> > Once you update your packaging repo you should be able to build
> > again.
> >
> > David
>
> So how do you do you 2)

Sorry. Do a "git pull" on the packaging repo. I checked in my
changes.

David

Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 8, 2024 at 9:03?PM David Hampton via mythtv-users <
mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 20:01 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Feb 8, 2024, 7:55?PM David Hampton via mythtv-users
> > <mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:

> https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/commit/2f9f4b97cdcbebf479d1534

> > > Ok. I had to do the following:
> > >
> > > 1) Ignore the extra files like you mentioned, Roland.
> > >
> > > 2) Override the automatic configuration step so that the scripts
> > > wouldn't try and run cmake.
> > >
> > > After doing these two things, my test debian build ran to
> > > completion.
> > > Sorry it took so long; its was a complete compile for the first
> > > time on
> > > a slow VM.
> > >
> > > Once you update your packaging repo you should be able to build
> > > again.
> > >
> > > David
> >
> > So how do you do you 2)
>
> Sorry. Do a "git pull" on the packaging repo. I checked in my
> changes.
>
> David

Thanks, I blew away my build directory and started over on my LMDE 6
(Debian 12) VM and used my version of building mythtv master on Debian 12
and it worked this time just as in the past except for the issues this
morning. So I'm good to go on my Debian 12 based systems.

Jim A
Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
Does no one actively care about the fact that the script can't find the
distro info command properly?

Might this be returning strange results for configure versus cmake?

"libdistro-info-perl is not installed, Debian release names are not known.
libdistro-info-perl is not installed, Ubuntu release names are not known.
dch warning: Unable to determine Debian's backport distributions.
dch warning: Recognised distributions are:
experimental, unstable, testing, stable, oldstable, oldoldstable,
{trixie,bookworm,bullseye,buster}-proposed-updates,
{testing,stable,oldstable,oldoldstable}-proposed-updates,
{trixie,bookworm,bullseye,buster}-security,
{testing,stable,oldstable,oldoldstable}}-security and UNRELEASED.
Using your request anyway."

Mike
Re: errors on build of mythtv v34 Debain 12 packages after recent updates [ In reply to ]
Do you actually have the libdistro-info-perl package installed? It was not automatically added to my system by the ansible playbook, I had to install that manually.

sudo apt install libdistro-info-perl

made that message (and the problem detecting the distro) go away for my raspberry os builds.

Martin
no.disclaimer