I've asked this question before some time ago but I still don't understand
it. I've set the settings to show recordings by recorded date. But when I
see the recordings under Default they're shown in alphabetical order
which makes it very difficult to find the programs I've recently recorded.
Am I missing something, or doing something wrong here? How do I get it to
show the most recent recordings first like in MythFrontend?

Regards,
Phill
Re: How to order recordings in Leanfront? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 11:18?PM Phill Edwards <philledwards@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've asked this question before some time ago but I still don't understand
> it. I've set the settings to show recordings by recorded date. But when I
> see the recordings under Default they're shown in alphabetical order
> which makes it very difficult to find the programs I've recently recorded.
> Am I missing something, or doing something wrong here? How do I get it to
> show the most recent recordings first like in MythFrontend?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

I'll be interested in what you find out. For recording TV I use the
settings and since I don't ever have more than 20 or so episodes for any
program I can get the order to be latest or oldest first, ascending or
descending.

However, for videos that I'd recorded, removed commercials, and transcoded
to mp4, they seem to be messed up.

They display where the season 10 episodes are first then S11, S12 before
season 1. And within a season E10, 12, and 12 are before episode 1.

I don't have a way to fix that either.

Jim A
Re: How to order recordings in Leanfront? [ In reply to ]
On 1/30/24 23:16, Phill Edwards wrote:
> I've asked this question before some time ago but I still don't
> understand it. I've set the settings to show recordings by recorded
> date. But when I see the recordings under Default they're shown in
> alphabetical order which makes it very difficult to find the programs
> I've recently recorded. Am I missing something, or doing
> something wrong here? How do I get it to show the most recent
> recordings first like in MythFrontend?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

There is a row at the top of Default called "All". In that row are all
the recordings ordered by date as selected in the settings.

Peter

Re: How to order recordings in Leanfront? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 07:27:37 -0500, you wrote:

>On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 11:18?PM Phill Edwards <philledwards@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I've asked this question before some time ago but I still don't understand
>> it. I've set the settings to show recordings by recorded date. But when I
>> see the recordings under Default they're shown in alphabetical order
>> which makes it very difficult to find the programs I've recently recorded.
>> Am I missing something, or doing something wrong here? How do I get it to
>> show the most recent recordings first like in MythFrontend?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Phill
>>

>I'll be interested in what you find out. For recording TV I use the
>settings and since I don't ever have more than 20 or so episodes for any
>program I can get the order to be latest or oldest first, ascending or
>descending.
>
>However, for videos that I'd recorded, removed commercials, and transcoded
>to mp4, they seem to be messed up.
>
>They display where the season 10 episodes are first then S11, S12 before
>season 1. And within a season E10, 12, and 12 are before episode 1.
>
>I don't have a way to fix that either.
>
>Jim A

To fix that, you need a special collating sequence in the sort, where
any group of digits is treated as a single character and converted to
a number for the comparison. This collating sequence has a number of
different names, but one that is often used for it is a "natural
sort". I did a quick web search, and it looks like MySQL does not
have any builtin way to do this. However, MariaDB added a
NATURAL_SORT_KEY() function in the 10.7.0 version.
Re: How to order recordings in Leanfront? [ In reply to ]
On 1/30/2024 11:16 PM, Phill Edwards wrote:
> I've asked this question before some time ago but I still don't
> understand it. I've set the settings to show recordings by recorded
> date. But when I see the recordings under Default they're shown in
> alphabetical order which makes it very difficult to find the programs
> I've recently recorded. Am I missing something, or doing
> something wrong here? How do I get it to show the most recent
> recordings first like in MythFrontend?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

Hi Phill,

One detail that hasn't been mentioned is that the sort setting only
affects what you see when you "drill down" into the default group. If
you stay at the top level that includes all groups, video, live tv,
etc., what you will for the default group count on the left are the
number of titles you have recorded, not the number of recordings in the
default group. And on the right you will see the "first" recording for
each title sorted by title. If you drill down by clicking on the left
hand Default/count box at the top level, the top left hand box will say
Default and the number will be the number of recordings, not titles. On
the right, you should see your recordings in the order you want. The
following rows are sorted by title and the right hand contents of those
rows should be the recordings for each title sorted in your preferred
sort order.

One caveat, that's the way it works with the version I'm running, which
is rather old, 20220802-leanfront-release-v0-365-ge5295c8.apk. So it's
possible Peter could have changed the behavior in the past one & a half
years. It ain't broke so I haven't seen the need to "fix" it.