clicking re-scan or refresh or whatever it was in the Leanfront UI.

I ended up going back to my BE system (which still has the FE on it) and
manually re-scanning videos using the normal MythTV frontend UI. And
after this, the videos showed up on Leanfront.

My question is: Is there a way to manually trigger a re-scan of MythTV
Videos in a world where the backend system isn't readily available?

Thanks!
-WD
Re: Leanfront - any way to trigger re-scan of videos folder? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jan 20, 2024 at 12:02?PM Will Dormann <wdormann@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a recent-ish Leanfront convert, having lived my prior life with a
> combined FE/BE system plugged directly into the TV. And I absolutely
> *love* it, so thanks much to anyone involved in making that happen.
>
> The one thing I encountered recently was that my "Videos" collection
> wasn't picking up new files that I put in the directory. Even after
> clicking re-scan or refresh or whatever it was in the Leanfront UI.
>
> I ended up going back to my BE system (which still has the FE on it) and
> manually re-scanning videos using the normal MythTV frontend UI. And
> after this, the videos showed up on Leanfront.
>
> My question is: Is there a way to manually trigger a re-scan of MythTV
> Videos in a world where the backend system isn't readily available?
>

> Thanks!
> -WD

I set up a systemd service/timer on the backend to rescan every night late.

Something like:
# This timer unit is for mythtv-scanvideos
# by Jim Abernathy
# Licensed under GPL V2
#

[Unit]
Description=start mythtv-scanvideos

[Timer]
Unit=mythtv-scanvideos.service
OnCalendar=*-*-* 04:30:00
AccuracySec=5minutes
RandomizedDelaySec=10minutes
Persistent=true

[Install]
WantedBy=timers.target

# This service unit is for scanning mythtv videos
#
[Unit]
Description=mythtv scanvideos has started
Requires=mysql.service
After=mysql.service
Requires=mythtv-backend.service
After=mythtv-backend.service

[Service]
Type=oneshot
User=jim
Group=mythtv
ExecStart=/usr/bin/mythutil --scanvideos
Re: Leanfront - any way to trigger re-scan of videos folder? [ In reply to ]
On 1/20/24 12:09 PM, James Abernathy wrote:
> /usr/bin/mythutil --scanvideos

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.
Adding to my cron.daily, as I'm living in the past. :)

-WD