Mailing List Archive

endeverOS mythtv
I would have found it helpfull to get a quick confirmation, here goes

Moi finds Debian/Ubuntu onerous and prescriptive. Doit it MyWay ot take the HighWay. I like openSuSE but of late they are somewhat in a mess. EG on the latest Leap 15.5 gcc is gcc-7 (too old to build myth) and python is at 3.6 !! So I considered arch in form of EndevenderOS.

JimA’s writeup on installation is good. It’s accurate and works. I’m using master (Jim uses fixes/33) but it works well.
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5567

VirtualBox was easy https://discovery.endeavouros.com/applications/how-to-install-virtualbox/2021/03/

Nomachine is easy https://techviewleo.com/install-and-use-nomachine-rdp-on-garuda-endeavouros/
but edit the PKGBUILD and set _autoservice=y else systemctl start fails

LAMP is easy https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-linux-apache-mysql-php-lamp-stack-on-arch-linux

I don’t like nano/pico but /etc/environment fixes that.

You have to get comfortable with pacman and yay, but it is no more complex than zypper, yast, apt or rpm. All my woes in which Jim helped were me not understanding!
James