available. What happened to the other one? Can I get it back?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.HeIsJerome.com

Re: MythWeb Recorded Programs [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Nov 11, 2023 at 7:40?PM Jerome Yuzyk <jerome@shawbiz.ca> wrote:

> I swear, up until this morning MythWeb's Recorded Programs page had 2 combos:
> One to select which type of recordings( Default, Deleted), and 1 to select
> which recordings to show. This morning only the Show Recordings combo is
> available. What happened to the other one? Can I get it back?

As I recall, the recording group(s) only show
if there is more than one group. If all of your
Deleted shows have been expunged from
your backends the group choice is not
shown.

If you want to see a deleted group choice,
delete a recording?
Re: MythWeb Recorded Programs [ In reply to ]
On Saturday, November 11, 2023 12:55:35 P.M. MST Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 11, 2023 at 7:40?PM Jerome Yuzyk <jerome@shawbiz.ca> wrote:
> > I swear, up until this morning MythWeb's Recorded Programs page had 2
> > combos: One to select which type of recordings( Default, Deleted), and 1
> > to select which recordings to show. This morning only the Show Recordings
> > combo is available. What happened to the other one? Can I get it back?
>
> As I recall, the recording group(s) only show
> if there is more than one group. If all of your
> Deleted shows have been expunged from
> your backends the group choice is not
> shown.
>
> If you want to see a deleted group choice,
> delete a recording?

I have at least a half-dozen deleted recordings, from a report I run nightly
that uses API calls.... But even MythFrontend doesn't show a Deleted group in
the Change Filter list. DB problem?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.HeIsJerome.com

Re: MythWeb Recorded Programs [ In reply to ]
On Saturday, November 11, 2023 1:06:44 P.M. MST Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> On Saturday, November 11, 2023 12:55:35 P.M. MST Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 11, 2023 at 7:40?PM Jerome Yuzyk <jerome@shawbiz.ca> wrote:
> > > I swear, up until this morning MythWeb's Recorded Programs page had 2
> > > combos: One to select which type of recordings( Default, Deleted), and 1
> > > to select which recordings to show. This morning only the Show
> > > Recordings
> > > combo is available. What happened to the other one? Can I get it back?
> >
> > As I recall, the recording group(s) only show
> > if there is more than one group. If all of your
> > Deleted shows have been expunged from
> > your backends the group choice is not
> > shown.
> >
> > If you want to see a deleted group choice,
> > delete a recording?
>
> I have at least a half-dozen deleted recordings, from a report I run nightly
> that uses API calls.... But even MythFrontend doesn't show a Deleted group
> in the Change Filter list. DB problem?

I deleted a recording, and now it's the only one shown in either place

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.HeIsJerome.com

Re: MythWeb Recorded Programs [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 11 Nov 2023 15:04:28 -0700, you wrote:

>On Saturday, November 11, 2023 1:06:44 P.M. MST Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
>> >
>> > As I recall, the recording group(s) only show
>> > if there is more than one group. If all of your
>> > Deleted shows have been expunged from
>> > your backends the group choice is not
>> > shown.
>> >
>> > If you want to see a deleted group choice,
>> > delete a recording?
>>
>> I have at least a half-dozen deleted recordings, from a report I run nightly
>> that uses API calls.... But even MythFrontend doesn't show a Deleted group
>> in the Change Filter list. DB problem?
>
>I deleted a recording, and now it's the only one shown in either place

With the default settings, deleted recordings will only be in the
deleted group for about 15-20 minutes, then will be expired (actually
deleted). To see what is actually in the deleted group at the moment,
use mythfrontend > Media Library > Watch Recordings > M(enu) > Change
Group Filter and select the Deleted group (if it exists). If it does
not exist, there are currently no deleted recordings - they have all
been expired.

You may have changed your settings for how deleted recordings are
handled - one option is to keep them forever until they are expired
when you need more space for new recordings. I think all the settings
for that are in mythfrontend > Setup > Video > General > General
(Auto-Expire).
Re: MythWeb Recorded Programs [ In reply to ]
On Saturday, November 11, 2023 7:58:34 P.M. MST Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Nov 2023 15:04:28 -0700, you wrote:

> >> I have at least a half-dozen deleted recordings, from a report I run
> >> nightly that uses API calls.... But even MythFrontend doesn't show a
> >> Deleted group in the Change Filter list. DB problem?
> >
> >I deleted a recording, and now it's the only one shown in either place
>
> With the default settings, deleted recordings will only be in the
> deleted group for about 15-20 minutes, then will be expired (actually
> deleted). To see what is actually in the deleted group at the moment,
> use mythfrontend > Media Library > Watch Recordings > M(enu) > Change
> Group Filter and select the Deleted group (if it exists). If it does
> not exist, there are currently no deleted recordings - they have all
> been expired.
>
> You may have changed your settings for how deleted recordings are
> handled - one option is to keep them forever until they are expired
> when you need more space for new recordings. I think all the settings
> for that are in mythfrontend > Setup > Video > General > General
> (Auto-Expire).

What is happening is that my deletes aren't being processed - even things that
I deleted (many) days ago. What can I do now?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.HeIsJerome.com

Re: MythWeb Recorded Programs [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 12 November 2023 05:20:33 PM (-06:00), Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> On Saturday, November 11, 2023 7:58:34 P.M. MST Stephen Worthington
wrote:
Deleted),

> > >I deleted a recording, and now it's the only one shown in either
place

> > With the default settings, deleted recordings will only be in the
> > deleted group for about 15-20 minutes, then will be expired (actually
> > deleted). To see what is actually in the deleted group at the moment,
> > use mythfrontend > Media Library > Watch Recordings > M(enu) > Change
> > Group Filter and select the Deleted group (if it exists). If it does
> > not exist, there are currently no deleted recordings - they have all
> > been expired.
> >
> > You may have changed your settings for how deleted recordings are
> > handled - one option is to keep them forever until they are expired
> > when you need more space for new recordings. I think all the settings
> > for that are in mythfrontend > Setup > Video > General > General
> > (Auto-Expire).
>
> What is happening is that my deletes aren't being processed - even
things that
> I deleted (many) days ago. What can I do now?

Maybe they're in the Auto Expire list: mythbackend --printexpire --quiet
--
Bill
Re: MythWeb Recorded Programs [ In reply to ]
> On 13 Nov 2023, at 7:20 am, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome@shawbiz.ca> wrote:
>
> On Saturday, November 11, 2023 7:58:34 P.M. MST Stephen Worthington wrote:

>>> I deleted a recording, and now it's the only one shown in either place
>>
>> With the default settings, deleted recordings will only be in the
>> deleted group for about 15-20 minutes, then will be expired (actually
>> deleted). To see what is actually in the deleted group at the moment,
>> use mythfrontend > Media Library > Watch Recordings > M(enu) > Change
>> Group Filter and select the Deleted group (if it exists). If it does
>> not exist, there are currently no deleted recordings - they have all
>> been expired.
>>
>> You may have changed your settings for how deleted recordings are
>> handled - one option is to keep them forever until they are expired
>> when you need more space for new recordings. I think all the settings
>> for that are in mythfrontend > Setup > Video > General > General
>> (Auto-Expire).
>
> What is happening is that my deletes aren't being processed - even things that
> I deleted (many) days ago. What can I do now?

Methinks you misunderstand Myth

Delete means no-longer-show in the listing
The actual file delete happens later following some rules
eg I keep deleted recordings for 30 days ie I can UnDelete for (at least) 30 days. That means the FILE is present for 30-(plus) days after DELETE

Deleting a Video deletes the file Right Now
eg $ ln ‘A Video.ts’ ‘A Video (1997).ts’
D ‘A Video’ means ‘A Video.ts’ is gone but lingers as 'A Video (1997).ts’
‘scan’ will now find ‘A Video’

James
Re: MythWeb Recorded Programs [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 12 Nov 2023 16:20:33 -0700, you wrote:

>On Saturday, November 11, 2023 7:58:34 P.M. MST Stephen Worthington wrote:

>> >I deleted a recording, and now it's the only one shown in either place
>>
>> With the default settings, deleted recordings will only be in the
>> deleted group for about 15-20 minutes, then will be expired (actually
>> deleted). To see what is actually in the deleted group at the moment,
>> use mythfrontend > Media Library > Watch Recordings > M(enu) > Change
>> Group Filter and select the Deleted group (if it exists). If it does
>> not exist, there are currently no deleted recordings - they have all
>> been expired.
>>
>> You may have changed your settings for how deleted recordings are
>> handled - one option is to keep them forever until they are expired
>> when you need more space for new recordings. I think all the settings
>> for that are in mythfrontend > Setup > Video > General > General
>> (Auto-Expire).
>
>What is happening is that my deletes aren't being processed - even things that
>I deleted (many) days ago. What can I do now?

First check your settings to see how long you should be having
recordings stay in the Deleted group before they are actually expired.
You may have adjusted those settings at some point. Many people set
the time to a day, a week or a month, instead of the default which is
about 15-20 minutes. One possible option is to keep all deleted
recordings forever - they will then only be expired when you run out
of space on the drive they are stored on and need to start a recording
on that drive.

If your settings are such that the Deleted recordings should have been
expired by now, then try restarting mythbackend and then waiting for
more than 20 minutes. There was a bug a long time ago that could
cause mythbackend to not expire the deleted recordings. Maybe there
is a new one now.

If you really need to have them deleted now, you can go to the Deleted
group from the Change Filter option, and from there you can manually
delete the recordings. That moves them onto the "expire now" list,
and in a few minutes (depending on how many recordings there are to
expire), they will be actually expired. To delete all the recordings
in the Deleted group at once, from the left column use

M(enu) > Add this Group to playlist

to select all the Deleted recordings, then

M(enu) > Playlist Options > Delete

to expire them now.

Note that mythbackend processes the "expire now" queue carefully, so
as to not create too much disk activity that could upset in-progress
recordings or playback. So it only does one expire at once with a
short delay before the next one. The previous bug was causing this
processing to hang, and restarting mythbackend restarted the expire
queue processing.