b) what version of gcc is prefered for master

Thanks
James
Re: ansible suse master [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2023-11-07 at 14:35 +0800, James wrote:
> Someone has cleaned up ansible for SuSE. Thank you.
> ansible installs gcc7 but master requires gcc8 or higher.

The ansible playbook installs "gcc" and "gcc-c++" without specifying a
version. I don't know why its getting gcc7 for you. My suse15 test
box has gcc12.

David

Re: ansible suse master [ In reply to ]
> On 10 Nov 2023, at 10:07 pm, David Hampton via mythtv-users <mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 2023-11-07 at 14:35 +0800, James wrote:
>> Someone has cleaned up ansible for SuSE. Thank you.
>> ansible installs gcc7 but master requires gcc8 or higher.
>
> The ansible playbook installs "gcc" and "gcc-c++" without specifying a
> version. I don't know why its getting gcc7 for you. My suse15 test
> box has gcc12.

David thanks. This was a clean install of Leap15.5 for a 'test machine' before going there with my 'real' machine.
I'll try to install the dev pattern and Qt5 pattern before running ansible.
James
Re: ansible suse master [ In reply to ]
> On 11 Nov 2023, at 6:26 am, James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>

>> On 10 Nov 2023, at 10:07 pm, David Hampton via mythtv-users <mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2023-11-07 at 14:35 +0800, James wrote:
>>> Someone has cleaned up ansible for SuSE. Thank you.
>>> ansible installs gcc7 but master requires gcc8 or higher.
>>
>> The ansible playbook installs "gcc" and "gcc-c++" without specifying a
>> version. I don't know why its getting gcc7 for you. My suse15 test
>> box has gcc12.
>
> David thanks. This was a clean install of Leap15.5 for a 'test machine' before going there with my 'real' machine.
> I'll try to install the dev pattern and Qt5 pattern before running ansible.

Hmmmmm
clean install of Leap 15.5
install C++ pattern

jam@wind:~/mythtv/mythtv> gcc --version
gcc (SUSE Linux) 7.5.0

Time to went a spelunking (appologies to non english speaking members, playing with flowery language)

James

Re: ansible suse master [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2023-11-12 at 11:56 +0800, jam wrote:

> > On 11 Nov 2023, at 6:26 am, James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
> >

> > > On 10 Nov 2023, at 10:07 pm, David Hampton via mythtv-users
> > > <mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:

> > > The ansible playbook installs "gcc" and "gcc-c++" without
> > > specifying a
> > > version.  I don't know why its getting gcc7 for you.  My suse15
> > > test
> > > box has gcc12.
> >
> > David thanks. This was a clean install of Leap15.5 for a 'test
> > machine' before going there with my 'real' machine.
> > I'll try to install the dev pattern and Qt5 pattern before running
> > ansible.
>
> Hmmmmm
> clean install of Leap 15.5
> install C++ pattern
>
> jam@wind:~/mythtv/mythtv> gcc --version
> gcc (SUSE Linux) 7.5.0
>
> Time to went a spelunking (appologies to non english speaking
> members, playing with flowery language)

Try "zypper install gcc12-c++" and see if that works. If not, does
"zypper lr" show a repo-sle-update repo and is it enabled?

This is about the extent of my suse knowledge.

David